This Caramel Peach Pie Recipe is the perfect way to enjoy summer's bounty. Bursting with juicy peaches, cinnamon and a delectable caramel sauce, this double-crust peach pie is what summer baking is all about!
Peaches really are summer's candy. While I love to cook and bake with this delectable stone fruit all year long, summer is when they really shine. Freshly picked, incredibly ripe and juicy peaches are my absolute favorite.
When we finally get to peak peach season, I make sure to indulge in them whenever and however I can. As a snack all on their own, or made into cobblers, crisps, and galettes. And of course, I always make sure to whip up this all-time classic: this caramel peach pie recipe.
Why You'll Love This Caramel Peach Pie Recipe
- Most people probably think that caramel only goes with apple, but they are seriously missing out! Peach and caramel is an amazing flavor combination that you will absolutely love.
- And since this Caramel Peach Pie recipe is a double crust pie, it gives you what I think is the perfect ratio of crust to filling in every bite. Yum!
- Plus, its show-stopping appearance makes this the ideal summertime dessert and a true crowd pleaser.
- Caramel Peach Pie is delicious served hot or cold. So you can take it to potlucks, serve it at your next backyard barbecue, or even pack it on a picnic.
Caramel Peach Pie Tips
- Make sure you cut vents into the top pie crust before baking. This will allow steam to escape and give you a nice crispy (not soggy) pie crust.
- Use a pair of scissors or kitchen shears to trim the excess dough before pinching and sealing.
- Combine the peach slices with the cinnamon, sugar and cornstarch at least 15 minutes before adding to the pie crust. This will allow the flavors to develop and meld.
How to Make Caramel Sauce
Making your own caramel sauce from scratch is actually quite easy. Here's how to do it:
- In a saucepan, combine 1 cup of brown sugar with a ½ cup butter and ¼ cup of milk.
- Bring it to a gentle boil and then cook for 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before using.
More Delicious Pie Recipes