This No Bake Key Lime Pie recipe is the perfect summer dessert that is cold, fresh, and doesn’t require an oven!
I’m convinced that some foods are made to solve problems. I am also convinced that this No Bake Key Lime Pie is one of those problem-solving foods. Why? Well…
- No Bake Key Lime Pie requires no oven, meaning it can be made even when the summer temperature is brutal outside. (Problem solved: hot temperatures.)
- No Bake Key Lime Pie requires little effort, but no one can resist a slice wherever you take it. (Problem solved: needing a quick- and easy-to-make dessert that everyone will love.)
- No Bake Key Lime Pie requires only a handful of common ingredients. (Problem solved: no time or energy for a big grocery shop.)
This pie is so good that I honestly can barely look at the photos without wanting to run to the kitchen and make another one!
What’s the Difference Between Key Limes and Regular Limes?
Key limes are much smaller than their common lime counterparts, and they also have a more aromatic and tart juice. What’s interesting is that key limes aren’t as popular in the U.S. as they are in the rest of the world, but they used to be grown commercially here! They were grown in the Florida Keys (no big surprise there), but a hurricane about 100 years ago wiped out most of the key lime groves.
When to Serve No Bake Key Lime Pie
Any time you want! This no bake pie is perfect for:
- Family get-togethers
- Casual dinners at home
- Baby showers
- Graduation parties
- Summer BBQs
No matter where you serve it, No Bake Key Lime Pie will be gone in no time at all!
Want More Key Lime Desserts?
Try my Key Lime Macadamia Nut Tarts. Enjoy!
Perfect summer dessert that is cold, fresh, and doesn't require an oven!
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup key lime juice
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounce container whipped topping thawed plus more for garnish
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Spray 10” cast iron skillet or 9” deep dish pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine crushed graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter with a fork until crumbs are moistened. Evenly press crumbs into the sides and bottom of the pan creating a thick crust. Freeze while preparing the filling.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add condensed milk, lime juice, and lime zest beating until combine. Fold in thawed whipped topping. Spread filling into prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Right before serving dollop a layer of whipped topping and garnish with sliced key lime rounds.