My husband and 2 older kids come home tonight after having spent the last three weeks in Switzerland and Paris. Baby Ben and I are so excited to see them!
Like I mentioned in the last post, we have been undergoing some major changes in our home, which will be a complete surprise to my husband. With the detail that went into every change, he will be very happy that he wasn’t here for the brutal labor! I will post pictures this Friday.
Anyway, I finally have a kitchen again and decided to make a special treat for their homecoming. These Key Lime Macadamia Nut Tarts are quick and simple. You can even use store bought graham cracker crust and have these mini tarts baked in less than 30 minutes! Through them in the refrigerator while eating dinner and it should be perfect for dessert. This is a great dessert for spur of the moment dinner parties! If you do go the whole homemade route, the Macadamia Nut Shortbread Tart shell is just as easy. Make the dough and press it in. Par-bake the tarts while you are making the filling and voila…easy peasy!
- 1 cup macadamia nuts , toasted and salted finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp . salt
- 13 tbsp Plugra butter cut into small pieces
- 3 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup key lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp lime zest
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts , for garnish
- 3/4 whipped cream , for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease 6 mini tart pans or one large tart pan.
- Using a food proccessor or a pastry cutter, combine macadamia nuts, flour, salt and butter. Pulse or cut until combined.
- Press dough into pans. Par bake the crusts for 10 minutes for the mini tarts and 14 for the large.
- Combine condensed milk, greek yogurt, lime juice, and zest until smooth.
- Remove crusts from oven and carefully pour lime mix into each crust.
- Bake again for 8 minutes for the small tarts and 14 minutes for the large crust.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled refrigerate before serving.
- Right before serving garnish with whipped cream and macadamia nuts.