A simple recipe, this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread is flavorful, moist, and perfect for snacking. You’ll want to make it multiple times this Fall.
So the last post I did, Pumpkin Tiramisu, I was going on and on how it is feeling like fall here and that we managed to skip our September heatwave. Well, boy did I jinx that. The following days were brutally hot, reaching the low HUNDREDS on the coast. Because we are on the coast, we have no air conditioning…go figure.
So now that the temperatures have returned to somewhat normal, dare I jinx it again, I have returned to the kitchen. First up- something my kids could eat in the car. Since we spend most of our time in the car these days going back and forth to school and extracurricular, we need a lot of on-the-go food. This bread is great because it doesn’t dry out and can easily be sliced and wrap in plastic wrap.
The kids love it and so do we. It’s like a pumpkin cheesecake in bread form. What’s there not to love! Like most breads, it is simple to make and makes your house smell amazing while baking! Next time I will make them in muffin tins for lunches! Enjoy!
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, cream cheese, sugar, and flour until smooth. Set aside.
- To make the bread, combine flour, baking soda, spices, and salt and whisk together until combined.
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine pumpkin puree, sugars, and melted butter and beat until incorporated.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Whisk in flour and milk and hand mix until just combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan.
- Carefully spread the cream cheese filling over batter in the pan.
- Pour the rest of the pumpkin bread batter over the cream cheese filling.
- Bake bread for 40-50 minutes or until a knife is inserted and comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes then invert to remove from pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.