Who says Halloween is just for kids? Certainly not me!
While much of my time during the month of October is spent coming up with unique costumes for the kids, supervising their craft projects and baking fun kid-friendly treats together, I also look forward to having some adults-only Halloween fun. It’s the perfect excuse for us oh-so-responsible grown ups to dress up, cut loose and indulge a little.
This year I can’t wait to serve up this Poison Apple Halloween Cocktail at our big Halloween bash. It is crisp and tart, and I love the vibrant green color, which really screams Halloween. And honestly, it tastes so delicious that you won’t even know there is alcohol in it!
Tips for Serving Poison Apple Halloween Cocktail
Try some of these frightfully festive ideas for serving Poison Apple Halloween Cocktail:
- serve in an assortment of potion bottles or laboratory-style glassware such as beakers and test tubes.
- core and hollow out the inside of large green apples and either insert a shot glass, or pour the cocktail directly into the apples.
- coat the rim of your martini glasses with light corn syrup mixed with red food coloring for a dripping blood effect.
- make a large batch and serve it in a witch’s cauldron (or large punch bowl) with some dry ice for extra drama.
Poison Apple Halloween Cocktail Variations
If the bright green doesn’t quite match your party theme and color scheme, you can turn this cocktail into a lovely shade of blood red by adding pomegranate juice or cranberry juice. And swapping the vodka for whiskey will give it a darker hue as well as a deep, smoky flavor.
And for those who prefer a non-alcoholic option, you can easily make Poison Apple Mocktails by combining apple cider, cranberry juice and lemon lime soda or sparkling water.
More Spooktacular Halloween Recipes
- 1.5 ounces Vodka
- 3/4 ounce Sour Apple Schnapp Liqueur
- 3/4 ounce Sour Apple Mixer
- Ice for shaking
- Combine vodka, liqueur, and mixer in cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Cover and shake for a good 30 seconds.
- Strain into serving glass.