If you are looking for a spooky drink this Halloween, try The Raven. This Blackberry Rum Cocktail will knock your bat decorated socks off!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NightOfTheBat #UnmaskYourSpirit #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
Every year, at the beginning of the season, I pick a general theme for my Halloween Festivities. This makes it a lot easier when it comes to decorating the house and prepping for parties. I like a theme that is broad so that it can be used for all my entertaining. Last year the theme was zombies. Although awesome, I pretty sure I love this year’s theme more: Edgar Allan Poe.
“Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary.” -Edgar Allan Poe
This theme is perfect for Halloween adult dinner parties with poetic quotes and black ravens as decoration. When picking my cocktail for the night, I wanted something that was as dark as Poe, hence this Blackberry Rum Cocktail that I named, The Raven. This cocktail is deliciously fruity with fresh blackberries cooked into the simple syrup. With a twist of lime and topping of lemon-lime soda, it is the perfect drink.
My favorite alcohol to use in this cocktail is Bacardi Superior Rum. Bacardi Superior and Gold are fantastic spirits for simple Halloween drink solutions. Bacardi cocktails will impress friends and make the Halloween party a great one.
Bacardi Rum transforms the night – both the people and the occasion. It brings out the “bat” in me and my guests, transforming the night into an extra spirited evening. No matter the occasion, we always have a good time when Bacardi is involved!
When making this cocktail for a crowd, I like to make large batches so that I don’t have to be behind the bar the entire night. For large crowds, I tend to use frozen blackberries in the simple syrup because it is cheaper, however I always garnish the cocktails with fresh plump berries.
If you are looking for a frightfully delicious cocktail to serve at your next Halloween dinner party, this Blackberry Rum Cocktail, aka The Raven, is perfect for the occasion! Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 lime wedges
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 2-3 drops black food coloring
- Blackberry Simple Syrup
- Bacardi Superior Rum
- Lime wedges
- Ice cubes
- Lemon-Lime Soda
- In a heavy bottomed pot, heat the sugar, blackberries, lime wedges, lime juice, and water over medium-high heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, smash blackberries, and add black food coloring.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then pour through a mesh strainer into a bowl or cup.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- For one cocktail, add 3 ounces of the simple syrup, 1 1/2 ounces of the rum and a squeeze a wedge of fresh lime into to a cocktail shaker with ice; shake vigorously.
- Strain into a glass with fresh ice.
- Top with about 3-5 ounces of soda then garnish with a fresh blackberry and a lime wedge.
- Combine 2 cups rum, 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, 1 and 1/2 cups simple syrup, and 2 cups soda. Stir and serve in pitcher or bowl with ice, blackberries and a few lime wedges. Makes 8 cocktails.