This Lemon Blueberry Streusel Loaf is an easy-to-make streusel loaf that bursts with the flavors of spring!
Spring is almost here, which means it’s the perfect time to celebrate with a dessert (or breakfast or brunch or snack!) that’s bursting with the fresh flavors of springtime. Lemon Blueberry Streusel Loaf is a moist, flavorful lemon blueberry loaf topped with a sweet and crumbly streusel and a lemon glaze.
It’s pretty much irresistibly good. Thankfully, it’s super easy to make and is ready in just over an hour, so you can come in with a backup streusel loaf to save the day if necessary.
Lemon Blueberry Streusel Loaf is a great “anytime treat” — serve it for dessert, breakfast, brunch, or snack. (No judgment if that snack happens to occur within an hour or two of your last slice of Lemon Blueberry Streusel Loaf.) It’s also a wonderful treat to take along to or serve at parties and other get-togethers.
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Streusel Loaf
There are three main parts to this lemon blueberry streusel:
- Make the lemon blueberry batter, fill your loaf pans (you’ll need two) 2/3 full, and then set them aside.
- Make the streusel topping, sprinkle it over the batter in the loaf pans, and then stick the loaf pans in the oven.
- Make the lemon glaze once the loaves have baked and cooled, and pour the glaze over the cooled loaves.
That’s it! Minimal effort, maximum flavor.
One suggestion: use the freshest blueberries you can find. Last year, we went camping at this lovely walnut orchard that also had a cherry orchard and blueberry field. The blueberries I brought home were just unbelievably good (as they always are from local U-Picks), and I made some amazing Coffee Cake Blueberry Muffins after that trip. Fresh (and local if possible) always delivers the best flavor!
An easy-to-make loaf that bursts with the flavors of spring.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1 cups sour cream room temperature
- 1 cups oil
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 loaf pans with parchment paper or foil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients, pour in wet ingredients (except blueberries).
- Whisk until smooth.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill each loaf pan 2/3 of the way full.
- Combine flour, sugar, and lemon zest.
- Cut butter in, using a pastry cutter, until small pea sized balls form.
- Sprinkle topping over loafs.
- Bake loaves at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Pour over cooled loaves.