Is it just me or does it seem like life has been chaotic lately?!? Even with the longer daylight hours, there still seem to never be enough hours in the day. I feel like I am running myself thin with my 2-page long to-do lists, and everyone around me is feeling it too. So, as of today, I have decided to slow down and enjoy life. This may mean that the house isn’t clean, that my daughter’s 1st communion party isn’t perfect, or dinner comes from a store once in awhile, but it will be worth it…I hope.
One thing that I have realized that I have been seriously lacking in is friend time. Over the past 6 months, I have made countless rain checks. I usually consider myself a great friend, but this year not so much. In an effort to change this, I decided that once a week I will make a surprise visit to one of my friends with some coffee and something to nibble on. Who can be mad a someone that arrives at their door with one of these tarts, right?!?
Fresh berries baked into a creamy buttery tart is the perfect dessert to say I am sorry! It is also the perfect dessert for Mother’s Day! Actually, you need to just make it. It will make any day better! I usually make these as individual tarts using these mini pans here, however it is great made into a large tart pan too. Serve it with a dollop of whipped cream, fresh strawberries, and a sprig of mint and your have a bakery quality dessert in the comfort of your own kitchen! Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 stick and a half) butter, room temperature
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 8- ounce packages cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Blueberries and raspberries
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Strawberries and mint for garnish
- To make the crust, lightly spray individual tart pans (or 2 9inch tart pans) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar, and salt.
- Mix butter into flour mixture until small pea size clumps form.
- Mix in egg yolks until dough forms.
- Press about 2 tablespoons of dough into each individual tart pans or two 9 inch large tart pans.
- Place pan(s) into freezer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- When tarts have chilled, bake for 15 minutes or until the sides are slightly brown.
- When done, remote from the oven and make the filling.
- To make the filling, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs and beat until combined.
- Adding whipping cream, vanilla extract, and lemon peel and beat until smooth.
- Carefully (pans will still be hot) pour filling into the baked crust, about 2/3 of the way full.
- Add a ring of blueberries and raspberries to the individual tarts.
- Return tarts to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the filling has set.
- Cool for at least one hour, then remove from pans and refrigerate until serving.
- When ready to serve, top with a dollop of whipped cream, fresh strawberries and a mint leaf.
This post contains an Amazon affiliate link.