These Peanut Butter Swirled Brownies are rich and decadent twist on a favorite treat. Featuring layers of chunky peanut butter, silky cream cheese and fudgy brownies, they make a perfect addition to your dessert table.
I didn't think it was possible to improve upon my all-time best recipe for brownies. But then one day, as I was gazing into the cupboard, it hit me. Why not take everything that makes my classic cheesecake bars so irresistible and combine with chewy and moist brownies? Add in a nice dollop of delicious peanut butter and I do think I have come up with what might just be the best dessert mash-up ever.
Why You'll Love Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Swirled Brownies
- They are full of crowd-pleasing flavors! Chocoholics, cheesecake lovers, and peanut butter fans alike will love these decadent delights. There really is something for everyone.
- These Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Brownies are easy to make. All the layers make this recipe seem complicated, but you'll have them in the oven in just 20 minutes. And with only 30 minutes to bake, they are ready to serve up in no time.
- Perfectly portable, these brownies are just the thing to take to parties, potlucks, or pack on picnics. I'll be doubling this recipe and serving these at our upcoming Memorial Day weekend barbecue. They're also great for bake sales!
More Recipes for Delicious Brownies
If you love these Peanut Butter Swirled Brownies, then you'll want to try these other fantastic takes on delicious brownies:
Salted Dark Chocolate Chunk Brownies are rich and decadent. A chocolate lovers dream come true.
My recipe for Beer Brownies is the perfect treat for Father's Day.
And be sure to check out this recipe for another amazing mash-up: Brookies. That's right, brownie cookies!
A rich and decadent brownie swirled with chunky peanut butter and cream cheese!
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Swirl
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons granulated
- ¼ cup peanut butter chunky or smooth
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line the bottom of an 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper or foil. Spray edges of pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, melted butter, and oil.
Add eggs and vanilla, whisk until smooth.
Add cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt; whisk until smooth.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour brownie batter into prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
To make the cheesecake filling, whisk together the cream cheese, egg, and sugar until smooth.
Add dollops of cream cheese mixture and peanut butter over the brownie batter. Swirl with the tip of a knife or with a toothpick.
Bake brownies 27-30 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out with only a few moist crumbs.
Cool completely, then slice into 9 large bars or 12 mini bars.