These Salted Dark Chocolate Brownies from Giada’s new book, Giada’s Italy are rich, decadent, and perfect with a glass of milk or even a glass of bold red wine.
Clarkson Potter is partnering with me for this fun giveaway!
I was recently sent a copy of Giada’s new book, Giada’s Italy. Since then, I have bookmarked a ton of recipes, and left the book on my coffee table for others to read. It is a stunning cookbook with a wide array of recipes for every meal. Everyone that picks it up, bookmarks their own recipes for the following day’s dinner or lunch. I made her Salted Dark Chocolate Chunk Brownies and not only were they easy to make, they were delicious!
About Giada’s Italy
With photos shot on location around her native Rome, Giada’s latest book is a lavish exploration of her food roots and the lifestyle traditions that define la bella vita, with the contemporary California twist that has made her America’s most beloved Italian chef.
America knows and loves Giada De Laurentiis for her lighter, healthier takes on classic Italian fare. In her newest cookbook, she invites fans and home cooks to get to know the flavors and stories that have inspired her life’s work. Here, she shares recipes for authentic Italian dishes as her family has prepared them for years while infusing them with her signature fresh flavors to make them her own, like in her Grilled Swordfish with Candied Lemon Salad; Spaghetti with Chianti and Fava Beans; Asparagus with Grilled Melon Salad; Bruschetta with Burrata and Kale Salsa Verde; and Fennel Upside Down Cake. Filled with gorgeous photography of Italy, peppered with family stories, and complete with more of Giada’s tips and advice for cooking up fabulous meals with ease, Giada’s Italy is a stunning celebration of Italy’s flavors as only Giada could present them.
About the Author
GIADA DE LAURENTIIS is the Emmy Award-winning star of Food Network’s Everyday Italian, Giada at Home, Giada’s Holiday Handbook, and Giada in Italy; she is also a judge on Food Network Star, a contributing correspondent for NBC’s Today show, and the author of seven New York Times bestselling books. She recently published the eighth in her series of books for young readers, Recipe for Adventure. She has a namesake restaurant on the Las Vegas Strip with a second location planned for 2018. Born in Rome, Giada grew up in Los Angeles, where she now lives with her daughter, Jade.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup bitter sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 teaspoon flake salt
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium bowl using the microwave in 20 second increments until just melted, about 40 seconds. Whisk in the sugar and vanilla until incorporated. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula fold in the flour mixture until only a few streaks of dry ingredients remain. Add the chocolate and fold a few more strokes to incorporate.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the flake salt and turbinado sugar. Bake for 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Let cool completely in the pan.
Recipe(s) reprinted from Giada's Italy © 2018 by Giada De Laurentiis. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, an imprint of the Crown Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House LLC.