These strawberry cheesecake bars will be the hit at your next summer picnic! Creamy, rich, and piled high with fresh glazed strawberries.
One of my favorite desserts is a fresh strawberry pie. The sweetness of the strawberries combined with delicious glaze and buttery crust, make it the absolute perfect summer dessert.
I wanted to take that and step it up a notch. Adding a cream cheese filling just took these bars over the top.
The combination of the cold sweet strawberries, silky cream cheese filling, and sweet shortbread crust is enough to make your taste buds go wild.
So, if your like me and love the traditional strawberry pie, you are going to love these bars. These Strawberry Cheesecake Bars are perfect for picnics and serving a crowd. They are 10x easier to serve than a traditional pie slice!
- Shortbread Layer-
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream
- Strawberry Layer-
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 small package strawberry Jell-O (1.4 ounce)
- 2 cups strawberries
- Cream Cheese Layer-
- 8 oz . cream cheese (1 block)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
- First, start with the strawberry filling.
- In a small pan, combine water, sugar, and cornstarch on medium high heat.
- While whisking, bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add strawberry Jell-O, whisk to combine.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly, then chill.
- Chop and hull 2 cups strawberries. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the shortbread crust-
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, milk or cream, and egg yolk.
- Add flour and mix until just combined (dough will be crumbly)
- Press into the bottom of a lined and greased 8x8 square pan or 8-9 in round pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- To make the cream cheese layer beat cold heavy whipping cream in a clean bowl until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla together until smooth.
- Carefully fold heavy whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread mixture over cooled shortbread crust.
- Assemble strawberries onto cream cheese layer, then pour glaze over strawberries.
- Chill for 30-1 hour then slice and serve! Enjoy!