These moist Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins are made from a simple recipe that sneaks in some veggies without sacrificing flavor!
Spring is almost here (in California at least) and I am pretty much ready for it! Bring on the warmer weather, fresh garden, and beach days!
Until then, I’m baking up a few healthy treats to keep my kids full of vitamins. While I’ve made my fair share of “zoodles” (healthier noodles made out of spiralized zucchini) lately, sometimes you just want a good sweet treat… like these Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins.
Why You’ll Love Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
Making a dozen of them will take care of a solid 2 cups of zucchini, which is the perfectly reasonable excuse you need to double or even triple the recipe. The more muffins, the merrier!
They use whole-wheat flour (or ancient grain flax flour) instead of all-purpose flour, making them an even healthier choice to serve for breakfast or as a snack.
They’ll store for up to three days in an airtight container. That means Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins are perfect to make at the beginning of the week for several days’ worth of lunchboxes.
They’re made with pantry staples. It’s likely that you’ll have all of the ingredients on hand, making them an easy go-to muffin choice.
Kids love them! Picky eaters who usually turn their noses up at veggies will love the flavor of Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins.
They’re amazingly moist. The addition of zucchini helps makes these extra-moist muffins.
More Delicious Zucchini Recipes
If you still have a glut of zucchini on hand and want to make more zucchini recipes, try a few of these:
- Carrot Zucchini Chocolate Muffins (these are similar to Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins, but the muffins are chocolate-flavored and the recipe also features carrots)
- Spiralized Zucchini Breakfast Bake
- Zucchini Crumb Bundt Cake
- 3 cups whole-wheat flour or ancient grain flax flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- ¾ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray 2 muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and soda, and cinnamon.
- Create a well in the center of the flour mixture and add eggs and oil.
- Stir until combned.
- Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Add zucchini, chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Scoop batter into muffin tins and fill 2/3 way to the top.
- Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake muffins for 15-17 minutes or until a knife is inserted and comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store leftovers in an airtight dish for up to 3 days.