Father’s Day is almost here and what better way to celebrate Dad then to make these delicious Ale Mancakes. Full of beer, peanuts, pretzels and chocolate, you can’t go wrong. All of his favorites in one delicious bite!
I love cooking with beer. It is my secret ingredient to perfect Crepes and delicious Fish Tacos. In most items the beer flavor cooks out, but not in these cupcakes. In fact, when I pulled them out of the oven my kitchen had an intense beer aroma. I wish someone could bottle up that smell!
Make sure you use a good craft beer for this recipe, otherwise the flavor will cook out. I think that you can use most any type of lager or ale.
Hope all you father’s have a wonderful Father’s Day and are celebrated for all that you do. I will be celebrating my husband because he truly is the world’s best father, and quite frankly the better parent!
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup craft beer
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsalted butter , softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup roasted , salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 1 cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of your mixer or a large bowl, combine melted butter and sugar and mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add egg to sugar/butter mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Add vanilla and beer and mix.
- Gradually add flour mixture to wet mixture mixing until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fill liners 2/3 of a way full.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until a knife is inserted and when removed is clean.
- Cream cream cheese and butter together until fluffy.
- Turn mixer to low and beat in powdered sugar and milk.
- Once combined, beat on high for 5 minutes.
- Pipe or spread frosting onto the cupcakes.
- Top with crushed pretzels and peanuts.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips, butter, and cream and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave again for 10 second increments until completely melted.
- Let cool for a few minutes then place in ziploc bag and snip off the corner.
- Drizzle over cupcakes.