Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes combine everything you love about all your favorite sweet treats in one! These delectable graham cracker cupcakes are filled with a made-from-scratch strawberry purée, and then topped off with a rich and creamy cheesecake icing. So crowd-pleasingly delicious, you'll be making these gorgeous little creations all summer long.
Why Cupcakes Are The Best
I think it's pretty safe to say that cupcakes are universally adored. Whether you're 5 or 95, coming across a big platter of cupcakes will stop you in your tracks and make you smile.
I personally love cupcakes because they're super versatile and can be made in any flavor imaginable. They come together quickly and easily, and their portable, individual serving size makes them the ideal dessert for all sorts of occasions. Perfect for bringing on picnics, serving up at parties and taking to potlucks, since no dishes or utensils are required. And who doesn't love a no-fuss dessert?
So if you love cupcakes, Go crazy for cheesecake, and can't get enough of that sweet strawberry flavor, these Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes are for you!
3 Reasons You'll Love Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Mixing graham cracker crumbs into the batter gives these cupcakes an extra delightful buttery flavor.
- The homemade strawberry purée filling is surprisingly quick and easy to make, and adds tons of great fresh strawberry flavor.
- Two words: cheesecake frosting!
Tips For Making Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Make the strawberry filling before the cupcakes, so it has enough time to cool completely. You can even make it a day (or two) ahead of time and store it in the fridge until needed.
- Pipe the cheesecake frosting onto the cupcakes using a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. You can also pipe the frosting using a plastic storage bag with the corner snipped off.
- For a fun presentation, garnish the cupcakes with a dusting of graham cracker crumbs and top with a fresh strawberry.
More Recipes for Delicious Dessert Mashups
- 1 cup finely ground graham crackers about 1 sleeve
- 1 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk room temperature
- 2 cups strawberries finely diced
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 24.3 ounce tub Philadelphia No-Bake Cheesecake Filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two muffin pans with cupcake liners.
In a large bowl, whisk together graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In the bowl of your mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
Add eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly before each new addition.
Stir in vanilla extract.
Alternate adding the graham mixer and the buttermilk to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour and mixing only until just combined. Do not over mix.
Spoon batter into liners ⅔ of the way full.
Bake cupcakes for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into one and comes out clean.
In a small sauce pan set over medium heat, cook strawberries and sugar for 4-5 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together corn starch and water then pour into strawberries.
Continue to cook while stirring, until strawberry mixture thickens, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely before filling cupcakes.
Beat cheesecake filling and powdered sugar until smooth.
Using a sharp knife or the large end of a frosting tip, cut a circle/hole into the center of the cupcake about ½ inch deep. Keep removed cake for topping.
Place a teaspoon of strawberry filling inside the crevice.
Pipe cheesecake filling frosting onto cupcakes using a large star tip, if desired.
Crumble cake pieces (from the holes made to fill) and sprinkle over the cheesecake frosting. Top with a sliced strawberry, if desired.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.