These Raspberry layered Cream Cheese Bars are the perfect summer sweet treat!
Yes, I am combining pretty much everything I love into one delectable layered fruit dessert. Layers of buttery shortbread crust, a light and creamy cheesecake center, and oh-so-sweet glazed raspberries.
Raspberries are my absolute favorite fruit, and when summer rolls around you can find me adding them to almost all our meals. I love them on my yogurt, added into salads, even made into barbecue sauce. But dessert is where my beloved raspberries really get to shine.
And my Raspberry Cream Cheese Bars are quite simply delicious. And while they might look complicated, making these Raspberry Cream Cheese Bars is really pretty simple. Just 35 minutes of hands-on time is all that’s needed, then you can just sit back and relax while the chill in the fridge. So easy!
It’s true that I love these bars, but my kids love them even more. And once you make them for yourself, they’re sure to become a favorite in your house too.
Fun Facts About Raspberries
- Raspberries are perennial with woody stems and are part of the Rosaceaue (Rose) family of plants.
- A serving of raspberries is a fantastic source of fiber, antioxidants and vitamin C.
- It is thought that the word raspberry originates from an Old French term raspise, which roughly translates to “sweet rose-colored wine”.
- Raspberry leaf is quite a popular herbal tea, with a full bodied taste similar to black tea.
More Delicious Raspberry Recipes
Love raspberries as much as I do? Then you’ll want to check out this Raspberry Lemon Pound Cake recipe, these Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Danishes, and this recipe for decadent Raspberry Chocolate Galette.
These bars are easy to make, but chock full of deliciously sweet flavor!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 small package raspberry Jell-O 1.4 ounce
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 8 oz. cream cheese 1 block
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
First, start with the raspberry filling.
- In a small pan, combine water, sugar, and cornstarch on medium high heat.
- While whisking, bring to a simmer.
Once simmering, add raspberry Jell-O, whisk to combine.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- For the shortbread crust-
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, milk or cream, and egg yolk.
- Add flour and mix until just combined (dough will be crumbly)
- Press into the bottom of a lined and greased 8x8 square pan or 8-9 in round pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- To make the cream cheese layer beat cold heavy whipping cream in a clean bowl until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla together until smooth.
- Carefully fold heavy whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread mixture over cooled shortbread crust.
Layer raspberries onto cream cheese layer, then pour the Jell-O glaze over the raspberries. If glaze has set, microwave for 20 seconds until melted.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Slice and serve! Enjoy!