Celebrate the last bit of summer with these delicious Bourbon Peach Streusel Cupcakes. Delicate peach slices and rich bourbon are the star of this cupcake!
With the last bit of summer dwindling away, I am grasping for all the stone fruit to make just a few more delicious recipes.
Although I don’t come from the South, bourbon and peach are two of my favorite things. Combine them into a sweet cupcake and it is a home run kind of dessert.
If you know me, you know that I am a very unorganized person. I kind of thrive on chaos and always have a million things going at once. Just one look at my computer says it all. I have about 15 tabs open at all times and will jump from project to project. While it drives my husband nuts, it works for me.
I think I had one of my wild creative moments while making these Bourbon Peach Streusel Cupcakes. It started out with just fresh white peaches which then had to be topped with a sweet brown sugar streusel. Then I saw the bourbon. I mean only good things can come from bourbon right? Yah, okay, maybe not all good things. But peaches and bourbon produce very, very good things. Well, cupcakes at least. Enjoy my friends!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp bourbon
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups peaches diced
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon bourbon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon peach jam
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make sure all your ingredients are room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and soda and mix.
- Using your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a handheld electric beater, blend butter, sugar, vanilla and bourbon at medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low and add a cup of flour followed by 1/3 of the buttermilk.
- Repeat this 3 times, until you have incorporated all the flour and buttermilk.
- Fold in diced peaches.
Fill cups with cupcake batter 2/3 full and gently tap on counter to remove air bubbles.
- In a bowl, combine sugars, cinnamon, and melted butter.
- Stir in the flour.
- Top each cupcake with 1 teaspoon of streusel topping.
- Bake cupcakes for 15-17 minutes or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together all ingredients except the milk.
- Add the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach frosting consistency.
- Beat until smooth and well-combined.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
- Top with peach slice if desired.
- Recipe makes 20 cupcakes.