Cherry cream cheese brownies are filled with dark chocolate chunks, silky swirled cream cheese and studded with fresh bing cherries.
You know when they say “don’t judge a book by its cover”, that’s how I feel about these brownies. They may not be the prettiest, but they are certainly delicious! Their appearance certainly did not stop my family from scarfing them down the minute I finished photographing them!
There are very few fruits that I like with chocolate. I am not a fan of chocolate dipped strawberries at all. Cherries and chocolate however seem to meddle together beautifully.
Add a cream cheese element into the mix and you have one delicious, decadent bar.
Brownies are one of those timeless desserts that all ages love. While delicious on their own, adding different ingredients only takes it up a notch. I’ve made these Cream Cheese Swirled Brownies with a raspberry swirl and a espresso swirl. Each completely different in flavor, yet both mouthwateringly delicious.
If you are the semi-homemade type, feel free to make these Cherry Cream Cheese Brownies with a boxed brownie mix. Just be sure to get the dark chocolate version. Homemade or not, these brownies are quite easy to make and only take about 15 minutes to throw together. Easy and delicious…what’s not to love!?
I love making brownies when I have to go somewhere. They are so easy to transport and there is no need to worry about smudging frosting. We can all agree that that is the worst, right!?
These Cherry Cream Cheese Brownies are the perfect way to say farewell to summer. We may not be ready for it, but Fall is just around the corner. Celebrate the last summer hoorah with juicy cherries, dark chocolate, and sweet cream cheese. Make sure to freeze a few cherries for a winter day! We all need a reminder of summer on a dark day here and there.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter 1 stick
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 3/4 cup or 6 oz of cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup bing cherries fresh or frozen and pitted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt butter and chocolate chips in the microwave on high for 1 minutes.
- Remove and stir together.
- If the choc/butter mixture is not completely melted, put back in microwave for 30 sec.
- Add eggs and sugar and whisk together.
- Add the flour salt and milk, and whisk together to mix.
- Pour into baking dish.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Drop dollops of the cheesecake batter of the all over the brownie mixture and swirl with the tip of a knife.
Top with pitted cherries.
- Bake for 30 min or until a knife comes out clean.