I always like to have every palate covered at the dessert table. What this means is I need something for everyone. But I am in Spring mode, and fudgy chocolate brownies just seem so winter to me.
I had to find a way to incorporate the chocolate favorite, but add something springy and fresh to it. Raspberries. I think I should rename these brownies-The Best of Both Worlds Brownies. Because that is exactly what they are, rich chocolate fudge brownies swirled with light and fresh raspberry cheesecake.
This past weekend I made these brownies for a party. They were a huge hit! Make these for your weekend brunch to satisfy those chocolate lovers!
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 3/4 cup or 6 oz of cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup fresh or defrosted frozen raspberries
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt butter and chocolate chips in the microwave on high for 1 minutes.
- Remove and stir together.
- If the choc/butter mixture is not completely melted, put back in microwave for 30 sec.
- Add eggs and sugar and whisk together.
- Add the flour salt and milk, and whisk together to mix.
- Pour into baking dish.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Mixing on low, add raspberries and mix until just combined.
- Drop dollops of the cheesecake batter of the all over the brownie mixture and swirl with the tip of a knife.
- Bake for 30 min or until a knife comes out clean.