Kick those basic and boring cookies to the curb and make Pecan Caramel Cookie Cups instead! Fun and easy to make, these rich and delicious buttery cookie cups are filled with creamy caramel and chopped pecans, then drizzled with chocolate.
Even though I am fortunate enough to reside in Southern California, we do get our share of rainy days. And as a mother of 3, I need to have engaging indoor activities at the ready during the winter months.
Luckily, The Seaside Baker kiddos enjoy baking. Especially when it comes to cookies. So on a recent dreary Saturday, we decided to create a cookie that included all of our favorite flavors. And the result is this decadent recipe for Pecan Caramel Cookie Cups.
What are Cookie Cups?
Cookie cups are quite simply, cookie dough that has an indentation in the middle to hold a filling. Super cute and totally customizable, cookie cups can be made in the shape of a cookie with a filled center, as this recipe calls for. But you can also mold the dough into a true cup form (tip: use a mini muffin tin for best results). Then bake the cups and fill with your favorite toppings, candy, frosting, or even ice cream.
These fun and unexpected cookies are perfect for serving up at kids’ parties, as a fun after-school snack, or bringing to potlucks.
Tips for Making Pecan Caramel Cookie Cups
- Use the back of a wooden spoon or measuring cup to form the cup shape in the middle of the cookies.
- We used melted Kraft caramel squares to fill our cookies, but using caramel sauce also works.
- You can transfer the melted chocolate chips into a pastry bag or plastic squeeze bottle before drizzling onto the cookies.
More Delicious Cookie Recipes
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pecans finely chopped
- 13 Kraft Caramels unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Dough will be thick.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the dough into each cup of the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 13 minutes until edges are just starting to crisp.
- Using the back of a measuring spoon make an indentation in the center of each cookie.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the muffin tin then remove to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Melt the caramels with the cream in a small bowl in the microwave and stir until smooth.
- Fill the indentations in the cookies with the liquid caramel.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over the caramel filling.
- Put the chocolate chips in a small Ziploc bag. Seal the bag and place it in a bowl of hot water to melt the
- When the chips have melted snip a very small corner off the Ziploc bag and drizzle the chocolate over
- the cookies.
- Allow the chocolate to set before serving.