Thank you PEBBLES™ Cereal for sponsoring this post. PEBBLES™ Cereal is gluten-free and a great inclusive option for your family!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares are a delicious gluten-free treat the entire family will love!
Growing up, my Saturday mornings were all about watching reruns of The Flintstones cartoon while eating PEBBLES™ Cereal for breakfast. I always struggled with choosing between Fruity PEBBLES™ and Cocoa PEBBLES™, and both remain my all-time favorites. The amazing flavors, crispy crunchy rice, and bold colors are what make them a timeless breakfast classic.
And while sitting down with a bowl of PEBBLES™ cereal is great on its own, I like to have fun using it as an ingredient that inspires me to come up with all sorts of colorful and creative recipe ideas.
With November being Gluten-Free Diet Awareness Month, this recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares is just the thing. It’s a fun and flavorful variation of the standard crispy rice cereal treat. Featuring the same great Cocoa PEBBLES™ cereal you know and love, these squares get bonus points as they just so happen to be gluten free, too.
One of my kid’s BFFs has celiac disease, and whenever she comes over for a playdate, I make sure to offer up tasty, fun and inclusive gluten-free treats. I know she appreciates being able to have the same foods as the rest of the kids. And because PEBBLES™ Fruity and Cocoa cereals are gluten-free, Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares are a perfect snack-time solution.
Why You’ll Love Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
- It really is quick and easy to make these chocolate peanut butter squares. Just 4 simple ingredients are all that’s needed to whip up a batch.
- The chocolatey taste of Cocoa PEBBLES™ cereal combines with peanut butter and marshmallow to create delectable, snackable, gluten-free squares.
- These no-bake cereal bars are perfect for cooking with kids. The older ones can measure and combine the ingredients, and the youngsters love to help press the mixture into the pan.
- A portable treat that you can make in advance and take to potlucks and parties. They also make a great edible gift, too.
Yep, you can eliminate gluten from your diet without eliminating great taste or fun! Visit postpebblescereal.com for more information, including recipe and craft ideas.
More Gluten Free Recipes
Looking for more great gluten free recipes? Then you’ll want to try these Gluten Free Lemon Star Cookies, my Gluten Free Strawberry Cake with Brown Butter Glaze, and this recipe for Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows 1 bag
- ½ cup peanut butter creamy or crunchy
- 6 cups Cocoa PEBBLES™
- Line a 9x9 square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. If wanting thinner squares, use a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large pan, melt butter and peanut butter on low heat, stirring constantly.
- Once butters have melted add mini marshmallows. Stir constantly to avoid burning.
- When marshmallow mixture has melted and is smooth, turn off heat and remove pan from stove.
- Add cereal to pan and stir until evenly coated with mixture.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish.
- Spray the back of a measuring cup or your hand with nonstick cooking spray and press down the mixture until firmly compacted.
- Allow to cool for 30-45, then slice into squares.
- Store squares at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
THE FLINTSTONES and all related characters and elements © & ™ Hanna-Barbera. (s19)