With a shortbread layer, lemon layer, cheesecake layer, and sour cream layer, these Lemon Cheesecake Bars are two incredible desserts combined into one! Top with fresh raspberries and you have a to-die-for dessert.
Spring has definitely hit San Diego. With our days reaching 80 degrees, it is hard not to spend the morning outdoors. With the weather changes, our pallets are changing as well. We are no longer craving heavy comfort meals, and prefer light and refreshing meals instead. Thankfully, our citrus trees are heavy with fruit to fulfill our diets.
Lemon is one of my favorite flavors and ingredients. Combined with butter and sugar it makes the most amazing desserts. With 3 lemon trees, I am always looking for a new recipe. While strolling through Pinterest, I found this recipe for Lemon Cheesecake Bars from Cooking Classy and I knew I had to drop everything and make them right away. I wasn’t disappointed, and you won’t be either!
Two Reasons to Love Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars are two incredible desserts combined into one. What more could you ask for?!?
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars would be perfect for your Spring/Easter brunch. Quite frankly, they’d be good any day of the week. They are that good!
More Decadent Cheesecake Recipes
If you’d like a few more decadent cheesecake recipes, try these:
These Lemon Cheesecake bars are two incredible desserts combined into one!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter , cold and sliced into 8 pieces
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened well (but not melted)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, powdered sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in the cold butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared baking dish to form a crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, flour, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a bowl. Pour lemon mixture into the prepared crust.
- Mix the cream cheese and 1 cup sugar in a bowl until well blended.
- Whisk in 2 eggs and vanilla, and spread over the lemon mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is set, about 30 minutes.
- Cool pan until it reaches room temperature, then place in fridge until cold.
- Once pan is cold, make the sour cream topping.
- Whisk together sour cream and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread sour cream layer over the cheesecake layer.
- Return to fridge and chill an additional 20 minutes.
- Slice into small squares and enjoy with some fresh raspberries!
Recipe slightly adapted from allrecipes