This post is sponsored by Old El Paso, but all opinions are my own. These Beef Enchilada Taco Boats are the perfect appetizer for the big game. Handheld bites that are full of flavor and easy to eat for the win!
We have our jerseys ready and fridge stocked with our favorite brew, it’s officially football season folks! While I’m not an avid football game viewer, I do very much appreciate the day of rest. There is nothing like sitting around the TV with the family cheering on a team, and eating delicious food!
One of our favorites game time meals are tacos. With Old El Paso, making delicious tailgating snacks is so easy and is always crowd favorite. While I love having a taco bar with the dinner kits, sometimes we make these delicious Beef Enchilada Taco Bowls when we are invited to a friend’s house.
They are really simple to make and only require a few ingredients. Best part is that they are really easy to transport, which makes it super convenient. The Old El Paso Stan ‘N Stuff Flour Tacos are like little mini bowls that hold all of the deliciousness without all of the mess! Just check out the video at the end of this post.
Sometimes, when I have time, I will turn them into little churro bowls too. I simply baste them with butter, sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar, and bake them for about 10 minutes. They we fill them with ice cream and toppings. It is such a fun and simple to make dessert!
The next time you are looking for a simple recipes for tailgating, pick up some of these Old El Paso items for a easy game day appetizer! Enjoy!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 14-15 ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1 package Old El Paso Stan 'N Stuff Soft Flour Tacos
- 2 cups shredded cheese Cheddar and Monterey jack
- 1 cup black olives slices
- 1/2 cup green onions finely sliced
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium sized skilled, heat oil on medium high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Add ground beef, salt, and pepper and cook until meat has browned, stirring regularly.
- Once meat is cook, drain off excess fat.
- Add enchilada sauce and cook until sauce is simmering.
- Place Old El Paso Stan 'N Stuff Soft Flour Tacos on a cookie sheet.
- Add about 1/3 cup of filling to each taco boat.
- Top with cheese, olives, and green onions.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted and taco boat edges are slightly brown.
- Top with shredded lettuce, salsa, and sour cream right before serving.