Looking for the perfect finger food to serve at your Halloween party? These spectacularly spooky Witch Finger Cookies are just the thing! The delicious flavor of pumpkin spice and slightly creepy appearance will wow your guests.
This post has been sponsored by Krusteaz, however all opinions are 100% my own.
The countdown to Halloween is on, and there is much excitement in our house. We have been keeping busy planning our big Halloween bash and testing out all sorts of new Halloween-themed recipes to determine what will make it onto the final menu.
One of our must-have Halloween treats is pumpkin spice cookies. I love pumpkin spice everything (bars, muffins, waffles…the list goes on and on) and I make sure to keep a variety of different Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice mixes on hand throughout the season. So when the pumpkin spice mood strikes, I can easily whip up a delectable tastes-like-fall treat in no time.
The kids have been having so much fun baking and decorating Halloween themed cookies, so I decided we needed to get creative with our pumpkin spice cookies this year.
Witch Finger Cookies are a new and unexpected way to serve up our favorite flavor. And the finger-like appearance is sure to be a hit with our party guests. But the best part about this recipe is just how quick and easy they are to make!
Tips for Making Witch Finger Cookies
- When adding the food coloring, start with just one drop, then mix in and check the color. Continue to add and mix in one drop at a time until desired shade of green is achieved.
- Make sure to freeze the cookies for the full 15 minutes before baking. This will keep them in finger shape and prevent the dough from spreading.
- For an extra creepy effect, add red food coloring to the spiced vanilla glaze mix and drizzle onto completely cooled cookies.
More Spooktacular Halloween Recipes
A spooky treat perfect for Halloween!
- 1 package Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Cookie Mix only the cookie mix pouch
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 10 drops green food coloring
- Sliced Almonds
In a large bowl whisk together cookie mix pouch and flour.
Add butter, egg, and green food coloring, and stir until combined and dough has come together into a ball.
Roll dough into 1-inch balls, then roll each ball into into 5-6 inch "fingers" -about 1 inch thick.
Firmly press one sliced almond into the end of each finger to make nails.
Slightly pinch dough together about 1 inch below the almond nail to make the knuckles.
Make a horizontal cut in the center of each knuckle.
Place fingers on a cookie sheet 2 inches a part.
Place cookie sheet in freezer for 15 minutes before baking.
Bake at 350 degrees for 11-13 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
Cool for 5 minutes on the pan then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.