Thanks to Foster Farms for sponsoring this post. Choosing chicken should be easy and fun. Meet DORI™ from Foster Farms, a bitmoji-style character accessible via an on-package QR code who provides instant savings, new chicken recipes, simplified labeling terms and more!
A quick and easy meal, this chicken and fettuccine with artichokes dish is full of depth and flavor, yet so easy and can be made in under 30 minutes!
This year is gearing up to be the best yet. With new clients, projects, and lots of travel in the books, I am going to need to be very organized and prepared. Usually when I go out of town, I try to make freezer meals for my family so that my husband isn’t overwhelmed in the kitchen when he gets home from work. Trust me, my itty bitty kitchen is filled to the brim with my cooking and baking supplies and is quite overwhelming. However, there are times, like on my recent trip, when I just barely have enough time to stock the fridge before I go.
I was really excited when I heard that Foster Farms just made shopping for chicken (and cooking it) a lot easier. On certain packages here in California and the Pacific Northwest, you can find DORI™- a new interactive, on-package QR code. You simply scan the Foster Farms DORI™ QR code for exclusive coupons, hundreds of original recipes using Foster Farms chicken, a map of Foster Farms’ local California and Pacific Northwest chicken ranches, savings, and more. This is perfect for my husband looking for a simple yet delicious recipe while I am gone. The man only cooks when I’m gone and always seems to Google the most insanely intricate recipes. He then calls me at least 15 times asking if we have that particular ingredient. What I love about this new DORI™ QR code, is that the recipes are simple to make, but have gourmet qualities. This is perfect for him, since the ingredients DORI™ suggests are typical, can be found in the pantry, types of ingredients.
I tested the DORI™ QR code out for myself in-store the other day, and came across this delicious recipe for Chicken and Fettuccine with Artichokes. It was so easy! I simply opened up my smartphone camera, scanned the DORI™ QR code and then quickly browsed through the recipes. I was able to find one that looked good, grab the frozen artichokes, and be on my way.
The next time you are in a weekly dinnertime slump, simply scan the DORI™ QR code on Foster Farms chicken packaging,
and you will have the perfect mouthwatering recipe in no time.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Enjoy a quick meal with an elegant feel with this simple chicken pasta dinner with artichokes.
- 8 ounces dried fettuccine or linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces Foster Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 9- ounce package frozen artichoke hearts thawed and halved lengthwise
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped pistachios or pine nuts plus more for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Return pasta to hot pan; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a very large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook for 8 to 12 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once.
- Remove chicken from pan; discard pan drippings.
- In the same pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook and stir for 15 seconds.
- Stir in artichokes, wine, nuts and salt.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board; cut diagonally into 1-inch slices.
- Arrange the cooked pasta on dinner plates or a large serving platter; top with the sliced chicken. Spoon artichoke mixture over chicken and pasta. Sprinkle with parsley, additional pistachios (if desired) and pepper.