Looking for the perfect warm-weather drink? Cool off with this Watermelon and Mint Margarita!
We’ve finally entered margarita weather here in San Diego (aka my favorite time of year)! My rule of thumb is if it’s over 60 degrees, it’s officially margarita weather. Some may say margaritas require at least 70 (or maybe 80) degrees, but 60 degrees works for me.
Even if it’s not quite margarita weather yet where you live, it’s never too early to start looking for margarita recipes. This Watermelon and Mint Margarita recipe will certainly have you dreaming of those hot, sunny days when you want a refreshing and flavor-packed drink to cool you off after you’ve spent the whole day outside.
Trust me when I say a Watermelon and Mint Margarita will definitely hit the spot. They’re so good and such a fun spin on margaritas. While I do love a good traditional lemon-lime margarita, experimenting with margaritas is something I love to do. Why stop at lemon-lime when there are so many wonderful flavors to infuse into a margarita?
When to Serve a Watermelon and Mint Margarita
A Watermelon and Mint Margarita is the perfect summer party drink. Serve these up to your guests and they won’t be disappointed! The fresh flavor of watermelon accented by mint, lime juice, silver tequila and triple sec… what’s not to love?
They’re also rather fancy looking with minimal effort. When you’re hosting a party, recipes that fall into that category are the best to have on hand!
More Margarita Recipes for You
If you love margaritas, you’ll love these two margarita recipes that are just as good as this Watermelon and Mint Margarita:
- Mango Pineapple Margarita with Passion Fruit Syrup: Mango, pineapple juice, and passion fruit syrup flavor this amazing margarita.
- Mango Papaya Margaritas: This margarita is also infused with mango as well as papaya for a wonderful, fruity margarita.
- Cranberry Pomegranate Margaritas: Who says margaritas are strictly a summer drink? Try this margarita for the colder months.
Enjoy! I hope you like this Watermelon and Mint Margarita recipe.
- 1 cup watermelon chunks
- 4 mint sprigs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 tablespoons silver tequila
- 2 tablespoon triple sec
- Salt for glass rims
- Lime Watermelon and Mint for garnish
- Muddle together watermelon and mint
- Add ice, lime juice, tequila, and triple sec.
- Shake well.
- Rim glasses with lime wedge and salt.
- Add ice to glasses and pour in strained margarita.