This recipe for Tomatillo Bloody Marys is the perfect way to shake up your usual cocktail routine! Made from scratch with farm-fresh ingredients and organic vodka, this is a super fun and flavorful spin on a classic. This post has been sponsored by Prairie Organic Spirits and is intended for those ages 21+ only. All opinions are 100% my own.
3 Reasons Why You'll Love Tomatillo Bloody Marys
1. No bland, prepared packaged bloody Mary mix here. This recipe is made from scratch, with fresh, peak-of-summer ingredients.
2. Tomatillo Bloody Marys are made using farm crafted Prairie Organic Vodka. This is the perfect choice for these scratch-made cocktails, since there are no crazy, hard-to-pronounce ingredients. These organic spirits are classic, clean and beautiful (and that goes for the spirits and the bottles!). I am particularly fond of the Cucumber Flavored Vodka. It has a deliciously fresh and crisp taste that perfectly complements zesty Bloody Mary base.
3. Roasting the tomatillos, tomatoes and peppers before blending with the rest of the ingredients is what gives the Bloody Mary an amazing depth of flavor. And for an extra-unexpected twist, I like to coat the rim of the glasses with Tajin seasoning.
What is Tajin Seasoning?
About Prairie Organic Spirits
As the very first USDA Certified organic spirits brand, Prairie Organic Spirits is a true pioneer. Since they source their corn from Minnesota family farmers who are committed to the right process and using the right ingredients, they know where every ear of organic corn that goes into their bottles comes from.
The Prairie Organic brand has a true passion for craftsmanship, which results in the distinct and unique taste of their products. The organic corn base is what helps gives their award-winning vodkas a rich, smooth flavor. And they taste-test each batch of spirits, making sure it is perfectly “distilled to taste”.
Tomatillo Blood Marys Serving Suggestions
More Cocktail Recipes
If you love these Tomatillo Bloody Marys, then you'll want to check out this recipe for Strawberry Basil Vodka Cocktails, my Mango Pineapple Margarita with Passion Fruit Syrup, or these Fresh Blueberry Mojitos.
- 1 pound tomatillos peeled and cut in half
- 2 large Roma tomatoes cut in half
- 1 jalapeño cut in half and seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Prairie Organic Vodka
- 1 tablespoon tajin seasoning
- Cooked Shrimp
- Green Olives
- Celery Stalks
- Lime wedges
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with foil.
Slice tomatillos, tomatoes, and jalapeño in half and spread on baking sheet.
Drizzle with olive oil and salt.
Roast for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and cool until room temperature.
Once cooled, transfer to the blender. Make sure to add the juices in the pan as well.
Add water, cilantro, lime juice, horseradish, Worcestershire, and hot sauce to the blender; blend until smooth.
To assemble the drinks, rub one lime wedges around the brim of 4 tall glasses. Dip the rims of the glass into a shallow bowl of tajin seasoning.
Add ice to each glass.
Add 1 ounce of Prairie Organic Vodka to each glass, then fill ¾ of the way full with tomatillo juice; stir to combine. This can also be done in a cocktail shaker.
Garnish Bloody Mary with celery stalks, bacon, and a skewer of shrimp and green olives, if desired.
Serve immediately and enjoy!