I am so excited that it is fig season! Not only are figs delicious and nutritious, they are beautiful!!! This tart made a stunning dessert at my recent dinner party that people could not stop talking about.
Using a food processor, this tart only took about 30 minutes from start to finish (not counting refrigeration time of course). It can be made at least a day before serving too!
I picked up the Amaretti cookies in the bulk cookie section of Whole Foods. Most Amaretti cookies are made with Almond Flour making this tart Gluten Free, but make sure to check the ingredient list on the cookies. The added Amaretto is not necessary (meaning don’t go out and buy an entire bottle just for this little amount), but if you have it, use it. It definitely adds to the tart and brings all of the flavors together.
- 3/4 pound Amaretti Cookies
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) Plugra Butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp ice cold water
- 12 ounces Mascarpone , room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Amaretto
- 1 tbsp Wholesome Sweeteners Fair Trade Honey plus more for drizzling
- 1 pint fresh Figs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9 in springform tart pan
- Using a food processor grind up the Amaretti cookies
- Add melted butter and ice water, pulse to combine
- Press crust dough into the tart pan
- Par bake the crust for 10 minutes in heated oven
- While crust is par baking, mix mascarpone, egg, honey and amaretto
- When crust is done, spread mascarpone mixture over the crust
- Return tart to oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Cool completely then refrigerate for at least an hour
- Right before serving, cut figs into quarters and place them on the tart
- Drizzle honey over the figs and serve immediately.