Do you love cookies and cream ice cream? Then you'll love this cookie recipe! These chewy cookies are based on the classic flavor combo and is super easy to make. Plus, it's perfect for sharing with friends or serving at your next party.
These Cookies and Cream Cookies have cookies within cookies. A classic chocolate chip cookie recipe is studded with chocolate chips and chunks of Oreo cookies. Then, whole Oreo cookies are the secret ingredient hidden between the dough. The cookie balls are finally rolled in a bowl of crushed Oreos and baked to perfection. Just like the famous Crumbl Cookies, these babies are huge! Bigger is better, right? It's one of our favorite copycat recipes! Another great recipe is our S'mores Cookies.
WHY WE LOVE THIS COOKIES N CREAM COOKIES RECIPE
- Balanced textures and flavors. Cookies and Cream Cookies have been one of our all-time favorite cookies since we first tried them. They are soft cookies, chewy, and have the perfect balance of sweet and rich chocolaty flavors.
- Packed with chocolate. We love that they are packed with so many chocolate chips and that the chocolate to cookie ratio is just right.
- They are huge! Because these cookies are so large, they're great for packing individually and giving away. They're also perfect for school bake sales. For more large cookies, check out our S'mores Cookies.
- Chewy center! The chocolate Oreos soften while baking and are surrounded with a chewy cookie! The edges crisp up a bit making them the perfect cookies!
- Simple ingredients. The best part about this recipe is that it only requires a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. Well maybe not the package of Oreo cookies, but those are easily attainable!
- Oreo cookies
- Unsalted butter-room temperature
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Chocolate chips- white chips would be a great addition too.
- Powdered sugar
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
- Brown sugar: Light brown sugar is preferred in this recipe, but you could use dark brown sugar as well. Keep in mind dark will give the cookie a more robust taste.
- Use any chocolate chips: For this recipe, I used milk chocolate chips, but you could use white chocolate chips, dark chocolate or any kind you prefer. You can even use peanut butter chips for a fun twist.
- Oreos: You can use off-brand cookies instead of Oreos. Any chocolate sandwich cookies will do.
RECOMMENDED TOOLS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Baking sheets
- Mixing bowls
- Ziplock bag
- Rolling pin
- Cookie scoop
- Parchment paper
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Wire rack
HOW TO MAKE THESE COOKIES AND CREAM COOKIES
Cookies and Cream Cookies are the perfect treat for any sweets lover. They are soft and chewy, with a slightly crunchy texture from the chocolate chips. Follow the steps below to make them.
- First, scrape the cream center out of 12 Oreos.
- Then, place the chocolate cookies in a freezer bag and crush into fine crumbs using a rolling pin. Place crumbs in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, chop about 8 Oreos into small chunks; set aside.
- For the cookie base, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy using a stand mixer or electric mixer. Then, add the eggs and beat for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Next, mix in the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder on low speed until everything is just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and Oreo pieces.
- Use a cookie scoop to place 1 scoop of dough onto a baking sheet. Top it with an Oreo cookie.
- Seal the dough edges together by pressing and cupping in your hand and rolling until the oreo is enclosed with cookie dough.
- Roll the dough balls in chocolate Oreo crumbs until fully coated.
- Next, refrigerate the dough balls for 30 minutes before baking or freeze for later use.
- While the dough is in the refrigerator, preheat the oven to 350℉ and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Transfer about 5 dough balls onto the prepared baking sheets, about 3-4 inches apart and bake for 10-13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Then, bake the next batch.
- To make the glaze whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over cooled cookies and allow 30 minutes for drizzle to set.
Serve and Enjoy!
- Use room temperature ingredients. Room temperature eggs and softened butter work best in baked goods such as cookies. It results in a chewier cookie.
- You can crush the cookies using a food processor if you have one.
- You can also melt the cream from the centers of the oreos and use as a drizzle.
- Don’t overmix the dough. Overmixing the dough can also lead to excess gluten, resulting in dense cookies.
- These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
- You can store them for up to three days.
- Dough balls can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw for about 30 minutes before baking to get a flatter cookie.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How many cookies does this recipe make?
This recipe will make 12 HUGE cookies. If you would like to make smaller cookies, use mini Oreos and reduce baking time to a total of 9-11 minutes.
How do I know if the Cookies and Cream Cookies are done baking?
The cookies are done baking when they are golden brown around the edges and set in the center. You can also test them by inserting a toothpick into the center of a cookie; if it comes out clean, then the cookies are done.
Can I add other flavors to the Cookies and Cream Cookies recipe?
Yes, you can experiment with other flavors by adding different extracts or spices to the dough. Some good options include almond extract, cinnamon, or nutmeg. Just make sure not to add too much, as it can alter the flavor of the cookies.
Can I make Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies with store-bought dough?
Yes, these can totally be made with store bought cookie dough for the base of this cookie recipe. Simply follow the directions with the stuffing and rolling the cookie dough balls and you'll have delicious cookies in no time. Chocolate chip, sugar cookies, or even peanut butter cookie dough would work.
Can I make Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Muffin Tin?
You can make the original recipe as instructed in the recipe card below, just place the cookie dough balls in a well greased muffin tins. This will result in a thicker cookie.
OTHER OF OUR FAVORITE COOKIE RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
- Best Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Shortbread Cookies
- Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brown Butter Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- 30-35 Oreo cookies divided
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
Scrape out the cream center of 12 Oreos. See notes below for optional use. Place chocolate cookies in a ziplock bag and crush into a fine crumb using a rolling pin. Alternatively crush cookies using a food processor. Place crumbs in a bowl and set aside.
Chop about 8 Oreos into small chunks; set aside.
In the bowl of your mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat for an additional 2-3 minutes, scraping down the bowl occasionally.
Mix in the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder on low speed until everything is just combined; do not overmix.
Stir in chocolate chips and Oreo chunks.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop out dough and place an oreo on top of dough. Take another scoop of dough and place on top of Oreo, essentially sandwiching the Oreo. Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand and rolling until oreo is enclosed with cookie dough.
Roll dough balls in chocolate Oreo crumbs until fully coated.
Refrigerate balls for 30 minutes before baking or freeze for later use.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
Transfer about 5 dough balls onto the prepared baking sheets, about 3-4 inches apart.
Bake cookies for 11-13 minutes.
Remove from the oven and cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
To make the glaze whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies and allow 30 minutes for drizzle to set.
These cookies are large! If you would like to make smaller cookies, use mini Oreos and reduce baking time to a total of 9-11 minutes.
You can also melt the cream from the centers of the oreos and use as a drizzle.
Dough balls can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw for about 30 minutes before baking to get a flatter cookie.