Easy and delicious, this Bacon Pea Salad is perfect for spring and summer dinners. If you’re looking for a fresh salad that will impress your guests, this salad is it!
This fresh Bacon Pea Salad comes together in just minutes and is the perfect accompaniment for spring and summer dinners! With bacon, shredded cheese, and a rich dressing, it makes for a hearty side dish choice, but the spinach and peas lighten it up and add valuable nutrients.
This salad is wonderful for those “I need a side dish ASAP!” moments, whether it’s for a family dinner on the back patio or a party at a friend’s house. The creamy dressing and pieces of chopped bacon tucked between the spinach, peas, and cheddar cheese are hard to resist, so it will definitely be gone quickly after you serve it!
Bacon Pea Salad Dressing
The creamy dressing for this salad is a simple mixture of mayonnaise, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, salt, and ground black pepper. It’s an easy go-to dressing recipe that tastes wonderful in a variety of salads, not just this one.
How to Make Bacon Pea Salad Ahead of Time
Although this salad makes an excellent last-minute side dish choice, you can also prep it up to a day ahead of time. To make it ahead of time, follow the instructions as listed with a slight modification to Step 1: omit the spinach.
If you let the spinach sit with the rest of the ingredients in the dressing, the spinach will begin to wilt and won’t have that nice bite to it. Instead, add the spinach immediately before serving.
More Salad Recipes
I hope you enjoy this Bacon Pea Salad! For more fresh and flavorful salads, try these recipes:
- 1 16 ounce package frozen or fresh green peas
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup cooked bacon coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion dices
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large serving bowl, toss together peas, spinach, bacon, red onion, and cheddar cheese.
- In a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour over pea salad, and toss to combine.
- If serving the next day, make the salad as instructed, however do not add the spinach until ready to serve.