Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars are a perfectly nostalgic summer dessert made with only 4 ingredients! Scroll down to see the video and just how easy it is to make!
Summer is officially here! The days are long, our garden is bursting with veggies, summery cocktails are calling my name, and ice cream always sounds like the perfect way to end the day.
While there’s nothing wrong with a simple scoop of ice cream (like my Dulce de Leche Swirled Ice Cream) for a summer treat, I got the idea in my head the other day that I wanted to make an ice cream dessert that really embodied summer.
I don’t know about you, but I grew up eating Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars every summer, straight from the ice cream truck. It seemed like everyone else went for the chocolate treats, but not me! It was strawberry nearly every time. There is just something so yummy about that crumbly shortcake topping paired with ice cream. I just can’t resist!
My Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars are a bit different than the shortcake bars many of us grew up eating. Instead of being served on a stick, they’re cut into squares and eaten by hand, much like an ice cream sandwich. The delicious crumbly shortcake topping keeps them from being messy while you eat — unless, of course, you take too long and the ice cream starts to melt. But with treats as good as these Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars, I don’t think that will be a problem!
Ingredients Used in Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars
Other than the taste, the best part of these ice cream bars is the ridiculously simple ingredient list. They require only four ingredients! You’ll need:
- Golden Oreo cookies
- Unsalted butter
- Freeze dried strawberries
- Strawberry ice cream
The cookies, butter, and freeze dried strawberries make up the shortcake crust, and the ice cream, of course, becomes the delicious ice cream bar center. The simplicity of these ice cream bars makes them the perfect summer treat. Instead of spending a lot of time in the kitchen, you can get back to enjoying the beautiful weather!
More Ice Cream Recipes
For more ice cream recipes, try my:
- White Chocolate Cherry Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Cereal Milk Ice Cream
- Peppermint Oreo Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Check out the video above to see just how easy it was to make!
- 35 Golden Oreo cookies
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup freeze dried strawberries
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream softened
- Line a 8x8 or 9x9 inch square pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Place cookies in a food processor and pulse until cookies are a fine crumb. Add freeze dried strawberries and pulse a few times to break up the strawberries. Add melted butter and pulse until mixture is moistened.
- Firmly press half of the mixture into the bottom of the lined pan.
- Spread softened ice cream evenly over pressed crust.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over ice cream.
- Cover pan and freeze for 2 hours or until solid.
- Slice into 9 or 12 bars and serve.