Lately my husband and I don’t see very much of each other. If he is not working, I am. And on the rare occasion that we both have some free time, we usually have to prepare for a party or out of town guests.
The other night my mom graciously took the kids, giving us a free night. We had grand plans of trying a new restaurant and bakery, but having had worked all day the thought of going out just didn’t sound appealing anymore. So we decided to stay in and enjoy a quite dinner on the back patio.
The last thing I wanted to do was spend more time in the kitchen to prepare dinner. He and I love quiche, so I threw one in the oven and prepped the salad. In less than 25 minutes, we had a delicious meal and were sipping a crisp chardonnay. It was perfect, and much needed.
The egg white quiche was light, flavorful and perfectly filling. I paired it with a simple spinach, fig, and bacon salad, which was absolutely delicious. My husband adores fig, so when they are in season (for all of like 3 weeks) we eat them daily. This meal was extremely easy to put together and even easier to clean up!
Ever since working with La Terra Fina last year, I have been a huge fan of their products. I buy them regularly at Costco for party appetizer and quick family meals. What I love about La Terra Fina is that their quiches are free from artificial flavors and preservatives and offer 10+ grams of protein per serving. Now that they are also available in the 6ounce sizes, this will become a staple in my husband’s lunches!
So tell me, what do you make for a quick yet sophisticated outdoor meal?
- 1 garlic clove , finely chopped
- 1/2 a small shallot , finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 3 fresh figs , sliced into quarter wedges
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbles.
- To make the dressing whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until the ingredients are homogenized.
- Toss the spinach with the dressing and top with sliced fig, crumbled goat cheese and bacon crumbles.
- Serve immediately.