These No Bake Granola Bars are fun, easy to make and totally kid friendly. Plus they taste so delicious, you’ll never go back to the store bought versions again. For the How To Video, scroll down to right above the recipe card.
Last weekend we had a pretty big storm move through (yes, it actually does rain in Southern California). Our usual soccer games and practices were cancelled, which meant spending the majority of our time indoors. I needed to come up with a fun and engaging activity before the chorus of “Mom, I’m bored!” started up. Thankfully, I had the ingredients for these No Bake Granola Bars ready to go.
The kids just love making anything that involves candy and chocolate, and I love that they can make these granola bars with minimal supervision. They come together so easily, and the kids have fun using their hands to flatten them down in the pan. In fact, they had such as good time making (and eating) these No Bake Granola Bars, they asked if we could make them again this weekend…even with the forecast calling for clear skies.
Why You’ll Love Making No Bake Granola Bars
They are easily customizable. To make an even healthier version, use sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds and raisins instead of the mini candies and chocolate chips. Or make a version with dried cranberries, macadamia nuts and white chocolate drizzle. You can even swap the peanut butter out for almond butter or sunflower seed butter. The possibilities are almost endless.
You don’t have to turn on the oven. Not only is this recipe a perfect rainy day activity for the kids, it’s great for those hot and sweltering summer days. No bake means no oven, which means you can whip up a batch of these tasty snacks on An August afternoon without having to heat up the house.
These No Bake Granola Bars are a great make ahead solution. You can freeze them just as you would cookies or other treats — wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and/or in re-sealable freezer bags. Then pull them out of the freezer and let them sit for a minute or two before eating.
More Great No Bake Recipes
- 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini M&Ms plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips plus more for drizzle
- Line a 9x9” baking dish with parchment paper or foil.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat peanut butter and honey for one minute.
- Whisk in brown sugar to the hot pb/honey mixture.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add cereal, oats, M&M’s and chocolate chips; stir until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan. Lightly spray hands or the back of a measure cup with non-stick cooking spray. With greased hands or cup press mixture down into pan.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Slice into bars.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with extra M&M’s if desired.