This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #The7thMinion #CollectiveBias
Do you remember when you were little and the highlight of your morning consisted of opening that new box of cereal and dig your hands in to search for that special toy? I remember that the cereal isle was my favorite spot in the grocery store.
Well it seems that I passed on the cereal excitement to my Minion obsessed child. While shopping he noticed the new 7th Minion toys in General Mills cereals available exclusively at Walmart. He was over the moon excited when I realized that there was a toy inside. Since then, every time we go to the store we have to buy a new box in order to find that 7th Minion!
With my little guy at his first week of preschool ever, I thought I would surprise him when he got home. With three full hours of free time, I had a blast making these little treats. The Cocoa Puffs marshmallow treat bottom was a great way to use up all of the excess cereal!
He flipped in excitement he came home. We ate the snacks and watched the Minion movie in preparation for the release of The Final Minion Movie. I’m not quite sure if he or I am more excited to see it!
These little guys are quite simple to make and simply require some chocolate dipping and frosting piping. Since I’m not so great at decorating this was the perfect craft to practice with!
Expect some more cereal inspired recipes as we are still on the search for the FINAL minion!
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 4 cups of Cocoa Puffs
- 2 cups of marshmallows
- 15 regular sized marshmallows
- 1 cup white melting chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Yellow food coloring
- 1 can pre maid frosting
- Black and Blue food coloring
- Edible eyes
- Generously spray a mini muffin pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a heavy bottomed pot, melt butter on medium heat.
- Once melted, add marshmallows stirring constantly until marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from heat and add Cocoa Puffs; stir to coat.
- Spoon into mini muffin cups, gently pressing down to flatten tops slightly.
- Cool completely.
- While treat are cooling, make minion heads.
- Heat melting chocolate and shortening in a microwave safe dish for 1 minute.
- Add yellow food coloring and stir until smooth.
- Dip marshmallows and tap to remove excess chocolate. Place on a large piece of wax paper to harden.
- Once coated marshmallows are dry, mix the frosting.
- Mix 1/2 cup of frosting with 1 drop of black food coloring. Stir and it should become gray.
- Place in a pipping bag fitted with a small round tip and pipe one or two small circles in the center of the head.
- Place the eyes on the gray frosting.
- Next, make the black frosting by adding more black food coloring to the gray.
- Pipe a smile and a strip that holds the glasses around the head using the same small round tip.
- You can also add hair if you would like too.
- Allow minion heads to dry for 30 minutes.
- Color remaining frosting blue, and frost the tops of the Cocoa Puffs treats.
- Place minion head onto and serve!