One of my favorite Black Friday stops is World Market. They always have a killer deal on Guittard chocolate chips and champagne. They also had some great deals baking pans. I couldn’t resist the mini bundt pan, despite already owning like 10!
Seeing as how I came home with yet another cake pan and about 20 bags of chocolate chips, I knew some mini chocolate pound cakes were in order. A hot cup of cocoa with marshmallows and some little cakes were the perfect way to end the evening of Christmas tree decorating, carols, and of course the movie Elf. The perfect evening in the eyes of my family.
Next week we will be singing carols at a local retirement home and afterwards we will all be meeting at my house for snacks and drinks. These, along with some chocolate chip cookies, will be the perfect post singing snack! I can’t wait to serve the hot chocolate in these adorable cups from Sutsy Party! They are so cute, compostable and made with sustainable materials! Check them out the next time you need some disposable party supplies.
Happy Holidays Friends!
- 3 ounces semi sweet chocolate , chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1 and 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg , at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray mini bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 10 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth. Set aside.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda, and salt into a bowl.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat melted butter and sugar on medium high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in buttermilk and flour mixture until just combined.
- Spoon batter into bundt pan and fill 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake bundt cakes for 10-17 minutes (10-12 minutes for a small bundt pan and 15-17 minutes for larger mini bundt cakes) or until a knife is inserted and comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- To make the ganache topping heat cream in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Pour chocolate into the hot cream and stir until smooth.
- Dip each mini pound cake into the ganache and top with crushed peppermint.
- Serve immediately or place in an airtight container for up to 3 days.