Shortbread Lavender Cookies are lavender-infused shortbread cookies that are full of flavor and perfect for spring.
Spring is officially here and I couldn’t be happier about it! To me, spring is all about being outside with the kids, grilling, hitting as many produce U-Picks as we can, and breathing in all the wonderful scents of spring.
While lavender is more of a summer bloomer (although some lavender plants bloom in late spring), I can’t help but associate the soothing, floral aroma of lavender with spring. It just feels like a spring scent.
The good news is, with dried lavender, waiting until lavender is in full bloom isn’t necessary at all. You can start incorporating it into your recipes right now, and that was the plan with these Shortbread Lavender Cookies.
I wanted to infuse a simple shortbread recipe with just enough dried lavender (1 1/2 teaspoons) to give the cookies a hint of that amazing lavender scent without going overboard. They turned out so well and I know these lavender cookies will quickly become one of my favorite spring recipes!
How to Serve Shortbread Lavender Cookies
Melt-in-your-mouth Shortbread Lavender Cookies pair so well with a cup of tea.
You can enjoy these cookies on a quiet solo afternoon with a good book, or they can be shared at parties and other gatherings. They would be great for baby showers and wedding showers! (Just be sure to make enough so you don’t run out early — they’ll go quickly!)
More Lavender Recipes
If you love lavender as much as I do, you just can’t get enough of lavender-infused recipes. Here are a few more lavender recipes for you to enjoy:
- Blueberry Lavender Hand Pies
- Lavender Lemonade (this one will definitely make an appearance in my kitchen very soon!)
- Strawberry Pavlova with Honey Lavender Whipped Cream
Enjoy, and happy spring!
These lavender-infused shortbread cookies are full of flavor.
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried lavender
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Beat in flour and lavender until just combined.
- Between 2 pieces of parchment paper roll out dough into a rectangle, about 1/2 thick.
Slice dough into 2x1 inch rectangles.
- Place on cookie sheet 2 inches a part.
- Pierce each cookie with a fork a few times.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until edges are slightly golden.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.