This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GladeForFall #CollectiveBias
As much as I love summer, there is only so much I can take. When August rolls around, I eagerly await the crisp air, everything apple, and of course the iconic pumpkin spice latte. I have always lived in the areas where there are pretty much only one season-summer. However when I got married and moved to Switzerland, I finally got to experience and appreciate the four seasons. The transitions were mesmerizing.
Because we live in San Diego, we have to take a quick drive to the mountains to really start the season off. Every year around this time, we head to Julian. The winding roads, crisp air, and colorful trees always make me smile. We spend the day picking the dew speckled apples and pears from the gorgeous orchards in the mountains then head off and enjoy a fresh baked piece of apple pie and a cup of cider. We all come home happy, full, and ready to kick off the season.
When I first smelled the new Glade® Limited Edition Fall Collection scents: Pumpkin Pit Stop™ and Hit the Road™ they totally got me inspired to bake something with apples. The crisp aromas made me reminisce about our apple picking day trips, chilly early morning soccer games with a warm coffee in my hands, and everything else that I love about fall. It’s the little things like this that make our family happy.
The minute I plugged in the Hit the Road™ Plug In Scented Oils I was instantly inspired to bake our favorite Fresh Apple Bundt Cake. Like the new Glade® scents, this cake has everything you love about September in one bite. Baked apples, warm cinnamon, and the perfect brown sugar glaze tantalizes your taste buds. So delicious that you will want to make it weekly! Enjoy Friends and a happy fall to you all!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled , cored and finely diced sweet apples
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray bundt cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Peel, core, and coarsely dice apples. Place in a bowl of cold water until ready to use.
- In a bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, and beat until completely incorporated.
- Add vanilla and and buttermilk and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and stir until combined.
- Drain and dry apple chunks then add to batter, stirring until just combined.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake bundt for 1hour at 350 degrees or until a knife is inserted and comes out clean.
- When done, cool pan for about 15 minutes, then turn the cake out onto a cake plate and allow to completely cool.
- To make the glaze, bring brown sugar, butter, and milk to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Bring mixture to a boil for 1 minute while whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Gradually whisk in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Pour immediately over cooled cake.