I love baking (as you probably know by now) and I love coming up with ridiculous concoctions. But sometimes, we all just need a bit of comfort food and soft chocolate chip cookies are just that!
These cookies are fabulous. I used some homemade vanilla sugar that made deliciously sweet. I always have a jar of vanilla sugar set aside. It is super easy to make. You simply put a vanilla bean or two split in half into large jar or container of sugar. Leave it be for a day or two, then it is ready to be used! It is also wonderful in coffee.
What I love most about these cookies is how soft they are. Cornstarch is the secret ingredient in this recipe. It keeps the cookies soft for days. I used these cookies to make ice cream sandwiches (recipe on the blog tomorrow) and even after being frozen they remained soft when they became room temperature!
- 1 cup Plugrá unsalted butter
- 1 cup vanilla sugar or regular sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Mix together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, add vanilla and combine.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing throughly in between.
- Stop your mixer and add flour, baking soda, salt and cornstarch. Mix on low until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Scoop 1 tbsp size scoops onto a cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Sprinkle with flaked sea salt if desired.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.