This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EggcellentTreats #CollectiveBias
Can you believe Easter is in less than two weeks?!? Are you ready? We are hosting Easter this year, so I am on a mission to find and make fun and cute recipes that are easy to prepare and delicious.
These little BUTTERFINGER® Easter Cupcakes will be so cute on the dessert table. Not only are they delicious, but they were easy to make.
BUTTERFINGER® is one of our favorite candies because we are big time peanut butter crunch lovers! Plus, they have no artificial colors and flavors. All of the added colors from natural sources.
I knew I wouldn’t have time this year to create a homemade cupcake topping, but wanted something that would make the cupcakes stand out. BUTTERFINGER® Cup Eggs 6 pk would be perfect “egg” toppers because they have cute imprinted designs in the chocolate. We used some pastel colored melting chocolate to trace the design and some pink and white sprinkles for bling! Quick, easy, and of course delicious shortcut to making my Easter Cupcakes perfect for any bunny!
They actual cupcakes are almost as hard to resist as the topping. A rich white cupcake, studded with BUTTERFINGER® Minis then topped with a cream cheese frosting, results in one decadent cupcake for adults and kids to enjoy alike! They can be made up to two days in advance, but if you are a procrastinator like me you can make them the day of! I always find myself making things last minute. Considering I have absolutely no patience, I usually soak the whole eggs in lukewarm water for about 5 minutes and place the sticks of butter on a plate on top of the stove while it is preheating. That way, everything is room temperature with in 15 minutes and ready to be blended!
So, if you are looking for a fun and festive recipe that will not have you slaving in the kitchen for days, this is it! At the very least, stock up on some BUTTERFINGER® Cup Eggs 6 pk at Walmart before they are gone!
Make sure to head to Walmart to pick out your favorite BUTTERFINGER® Cup Eggs 6pk. For more recipe ideas, head over to the BUTTERFINGER® website, and follow the NESTLÉ® Flavorful Moments Pinterest board.
- For the Cupcakes:
- 4 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk , room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 cup chopped BUTTERFINGER® Minis
- 1 pound cream cheese , softened
- 2 sticks butter , softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- Edible grass
- Decorated BUTTERFINGER® Cup Eggs 6pk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make sure all your ingredients are room temperature.
- Line 3 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a separate bowl, combine cake flour, salt, baking powder and soda and mix.
- In your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, blend butter, sugars and vanilla at medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs and yolks, one at a time, scraping the bowl after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low and add a cup of the flour mixture followed by 1/3 of the buttermilk.
- Repeat this 3 times, until you have incorporated all the flour and buttermilk.
- Stir in chopped BUTTERFINGER® Minis.
- Fill cups with cupcake batter 2/3 full and gently tap on counter to remove air bubbles.
- Bake cakes for 35 minutes or cupcakes for 15-17 minutes or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla together until smooth. Add the sugar and on low speed, beat until incorporated. Increase the speed to high and mix until very light and fluffy.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes and top with edible grass and BUTTERFINGER® Cup Eggs 6pk.
- Enjoy immediately or place in an airtight container for up to 2 days.