These Blueberry Cream Cheese Bars are bursting with delicious blueberry goodness. The perfect sweet fruit treat for spring and summer!
Here in the U.S. we are fortunate enough to enjoy a blueberry harvest season that runs from April through September. Plus we have a long rich history of incorporating these fresh, sweet blueberries into all sorts of baked goods. From pies, muffins and pancakes to breads, buckles and scones, blueberries make everything taste better. And around our house, our latest blueberry obsession is these delectable Blueberry Cream Cheese Bars.
Featuring a buttery shortbread crust, a luscious cheesecake center and topped with a generous amount of juicy blueberries, these bars are disappearing from my kitchen just as fast as I can make them. So it’s a good thing our local Farmers Market has an abundant blueberry stand to keep us well stocked throughout the season.
Why You’ll Love Blueberry Cream Cheese Bars
- They come together quickly and easily! These gorgeous bars looks complicated, but they’re really quite simple to make.They require only 35 minutes of hands-on time, and then the fridge does the rest of the work.
- Perfect for feeding a crowd. Anything in bar form is ideally suited for serving up at parties, taking to potlucks or packing on picnics. And you can easily double this recipe when you need to feed a large group.
- Suitable for a wide variety of tastes. These bars appeal to cheesecake lovers, cookie cravers and fruit fans alike. How often do you come across a dessert recipe that includes something for most everyone?
More Delectable Blueberry Recipes
If you love these Blueberry Cream Cheese Bars as much as we do, you’ll want to check out my Lemon Blueberry Streusel Loaf, these Coffee Cake Blueberry Muffins, and this recipe for adorable Blueberry Lavender Hand Pies,
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 small package Blue Jell-O 1.4 ounce
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 8 oz. cream cheese 1 block
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
- First, start with the blueberry filling.
- In a small pan, combine water, sugar, and cornstarch on medium high heat.
- While whisking, bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add blueberry Jell-O, whisk to combine.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- For the shortbread crust-
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, milk or cream, and egg yolk.
- Add flour and mix until just combined (dough will be crumbly)
- Press into the bottom of a lined and greased 8x8 square pan or 8-9 in round pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- To make the cream cheese layer beat cold heavy whipping cream in a clean bowl until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla together until smooth.
- Carefully fold heavy whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread mixture over cooled shortbread crust.
- Layer blueberries onto cream cheese layer, then pour the Jell-O glaze over the blueberries. If glaze has set, microwave for 20 seconds until melted.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Slice and serve! Enjoy!