Don’t forget to enter Giveaway #1-8 Scharffen Berger Bars.
Today’s giveaway is my favorite kitchen item-after my mixer of course. In fact, during the San Diego fires in 2008 my machine was one of the few things I grabbed before we were asked to evacuate!! Luckily nothing burned down where we were located! Can you imagine me having to explain to my kids that their childhood pictures burned, but my coffee maker didn’t. That would be a major sarcastic Mom of the Year moment.
I have been drinking Nespresso coffee since I first lived in Switzerland 12 years ago. Keurigs are cool if you are looking for a single serve standard coffee, but if you are looking for a classy and impressive cup, Nespresso is your coffee! It is the silkiest, most delicious cup ever. E.V.E.R. No I am not getting paid to say this 🙂
So today I am giving away a Nespresso Essenza Machine. You will have to order the coffee (or pick it up at Bloomingdales). Like usual, if you are already followers on my Social Media pages, you can still enter! Winner will be notified by email when contest is up and will have 48 hours to respond with mailing address. Make sure to enter for your chance to win!
I used a shot of Nespresso for these cookies which gave them an intense coffee and chocolate flavor. They were perfect for an afternoon snack with a cup of Nespresso!
- 1 1/4 cups butter (2 1/2 sticks)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup strongly brewed espresso
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or non stick spray.
- In the bowl of your mixer, cream butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla and espresso and mix to combine.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing in between each addition.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually mix in flour with wet (butter and eggs) mixture.
- Add white and milk chips and stir to combine.
- Scoop out 1 inch scoops and place them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Makes 4 dozen cookies
adapted from food.com
Update- I just realized I asked the same comment question. Instead tell me about your favorite coffee!