Banana, Peanut Butter Chips and Toasted Marshmallows. Nuff said right!
I saw this toasted marshmallow technique on Picky-Palate recently, and had to try it. One almost kitchen fire (parchment paper caught on fire under the broiler) and 60 minutes later we were enjoying these hot. And there was silence for about 10 minutes….that is, until the pan was empty.
- 2 sticks of butter , softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large banana , mashed
- 4 cups AP flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 1 can marshmallow fluff or 1/2 bag of large marshmallows
- Beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Add mashed banana. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add flour to butter/sugar mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Set your broiler to high.
- On a lined baking sheet pour out marshmallow fluff or marshmallows.
- Broil until it turns golden brown about 3 minutes (but make sure you watch it!)
- Remove from oven and gently add to your cookie dough.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- After dough has chilled, spoon out dough rounds and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Consume with a large glass of milk!