Smoked Salmon 7-Layer Dip is a flavorful no-bake appetizer that is just the thing for your next gathering! This dip is so versatile; elegant enough to serve at Easter brunch or for your next cocktail party, yet perfectly suitable for a Sunday afternoon spent watching the big game.
The eye-catching layers make for a stunning presentation, and will have your guests thinking you spent hours preparing it. But in reality, this Smoked Salmon 7-Layer Dip takes just 15 minutes to assemble before you pop it in the fridge to chill. Talk about easy entertaining!
Why You’ll Love Smoked Salmon 7-Layer Dip
This seafood spin on the traditional Mexican 7-layer dip is unexpected, lighter, and yet still full of flavor. The fresh radish and shallots add a nice crunch that balances out the smoky salmon and richness of the cheese.
You can make this dip in advance, up to a day ahead of time! Just keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. Such a great make-ahead solution for taking to parties, potlucks and buffets.
To keep this a grain-free and gluten-free appetizer, serve it with endive leaves – they are the perfect vessel for scooping up this delectable dip! And for those not following a grain-free eating plan, Smoked Salmon 7-Layer Dip pairs well with crackers, mini bagels and crostini.
More Great Appetizer Recipes
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese softened
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound hot-smoked salmon skin removed, flaked
- 3 large radishes trimmed, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 Belgian endives for serving
- Crackers for serving
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together cream cheese, goat cheese, lemon zest, salt and pepper until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl toss together shallots and chopped radishes.
- Line a 6" ring mold or springform pan with plastic wrap along the bottom and up the sides.
- Press 1/3 of the flaked smoked salmon into the bottom of the plastic lined mold.
- Spread 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture over the salmon, then top with half of the radish and shallot mixture. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the chopped chives
- Repeat layers with 1/3 of the smoked salmon and remaining cheese and radish mixture.
- Finish off the final layer with the remaining smoked salmon and chives.
- Cover dip and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- When ready to serve, carefully remove ring and plastic wrap.
- Place on serving dish and serve with endive leaves and crackers.
Recipe slightly adapted from Bon Appetit.