Having over indulged in casseroles laden with gobs of butter and thick whipping cream, I have begun to crave the lighter, healthier meals at least for the next couple of weeks that is! When I came across this Skinny Fried Chicken recipe in David Venable’s new book, Back Around The Table: An In The Kitchen With David cookbook, I knew that it would be just what I was craving…good ole comfort food! This recipe had the same flavors and crunch as deep fried chicken, with half the work and calories.
David Venable, program host of QVC’s popular cooking and dining show, has created a spectacular new cookbook with over 100 new recipes and 30 fan favorites. With recipes ranging from appetizers to desserts as well as full menus of holiday spreads, he’s got you covered!
My daughter and I love watching his fun and humorous shows on QVC, and have made many of his recipes from his prior cookbook. His recipes are simple and delicious. I can tell you that his Five Cheese 15 minute Stovetop Mac and Cheese will soon be on weekly rotation once the kids are back in school!
- 12 boneless , skinless chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thick
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Vegetable oil spray
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups cornflake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Makes 12 servings
- Rinse the chicken breasts in cold water, then place them in a resealable plastic bag with the buttermilk and hot sauce. Close the bag, shake until the chicken pieces are fully coated, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a wire rack with vegetable oil spray and place it in a roasting pan or on a baking sheet.
- Place the flour on a plate. Mix the cornflake crumbs, paprika, salt, black pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, and poultry seasoning in a bowl until the ingredients are evenly distributed. Remove the chicken breasts from the bag and place them on a plate. Pour the marinade into a medium bowl. Dredge each breast with the flour until fully coated, shaking off any excess. Then coat the chicken in the marinade, followed by a dredging in the cornflake mixture.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on the prepared wire rack. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and bake until cooked through and crispy, 15 to 20 minutes.
- If you think your family will enjoy this recipe, be sure to visit qvc.co/AroundtheTableCookbook to learn more about and purchase Back Around the Table: An “In the Kitchen with David” Cookbook. Filled with 156 great recipes like this, you’re sure to find something that fits your lifestyle and gathers everyone back around the table!
- This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of QVC. The opinions and text are all mine.