This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayTreatMaking #CollectiveBias
There are so many traditions to uphold during the holidays. Decorating, baking, gift giving, and of course cooking the big meal. All of this combined with the daily routines can be quite overwhelming at times, but oh so worth it.
Every year we plan a big baking day with the kids. They absolutely love to decorate the treats and give them out to their friends and family. We do it for every holiday, and it is something they really look forward to.
Baking cookies is great, but extremely time consuming. So now on my kid’s holiday baking day, we makeKellogg’s® Rice Krispies®. With only three simple ingredients needed to make traditional Rice Krispies® treats we can cut out and decorate special treats for any holiday! It’s a fun and easy activity to make with children of all ages and are enjoyed by everyone.
To start, I make the traditional Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® treat recipe and flatten it out on a greased cookie sheet pan. We then use cookie cutters to cut out shapes.
After the shapes are cut out, we use colored melting chocolates to dip the treats in.
We add the final touches by making decorations or adorning with sprinkles, and that’s it! The treats are ready to eat or gift!
This is really the easiest and cleanest way to spend the day with your kids and make edible gifts for friends and family. The next time you are at Walmart, pick up a few boxes of Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® for the upcoming holiday!
For more fun ideas head over to the RiceKrispiesTreatMaking site! Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Colored melting chocolate
- Assorted candies and sprinkles
- Spray a 13- x 9- x 2-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Place marshmallows in a large microwave safe bowl. Cut butter into tablespoon size pieces and add.
- Microwave the mixture on HIGH for 2 minutes. Stir mixture. Microwave an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute on HIGH, if needed.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add the Rice Krispies® to the bowl and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan, spread evenly.
- Spray your clean hands with non-stick cooking spray and press mixture down.
- Set pan aside for about 20 minutes so the mixture can cool and set.
- Using your favorite cookie cutters, cut out shapes.
- Dip shapes into melted and smooth melted chocolate.
- Decorate with sprinkles or candies.