So either you love eggnog or you hate. I like it, but don’t hate it. I prefer it in foods rather than a cocktail, but will treat myself to maybe half a glass during the holidays. Growing up however, I LOVED the Eggnog Shakes at Jack in the Box. My bus stop was right next to a JITB, so I would get one a few times a week on my way home from school during the holidays.
Now that I am of drinking age, I love to make these Boozy Eggnog Shakes. I do, however, always make a non-alcoholic version for my kids. It makes drinking mine so much smoother as I do not have to listen to the “it’s not fair” from my kids!
I plan on making these for dessert on our next adult game night, cause we all need a fun boozy shake once in a while! Enjoy!
- Melted white chocolate
- Crushed sugar cookies
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1/3 cup rum or bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Whipped cream for topping
- Caramel sauce for topping
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds.
- Dip edges of 2 glasses into the melted chocolate and sprinkle with crushed sugar cookies.
- Blend the ice cream, eggnog, bourbon, and nutmeg in a blender.
- Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream and caramel drizzle.
- Serve immediately. Makes 2 glasses.