This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CelebrateTheSummer #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. Play responsibly.
A Moscow Mule is a cocktail made with vodka, a spicy ginger beer, and lime juice, garnished with a slice or wedge of lime and usually served in a copper mug. The cocktail originated in 1941 in Manhattan, but has recently become very popular again. While I love the traditional drink, I could not resist adding fresh mulled raspberries and a bit of mint to the mix. This Raspberry Moscow Mule is perfectly refreshing and great on a hot summer day with your girl friends!
My go to vodka is SVEDKA. This imported vodka is not only cheap, but it is chic. The fancy bottle and smooth flavor our favorite way to get the girl’s night started! The new Stars and Stripes bottle is perfect decoration for 4th of July! Who doesn’t love a bottle that is not only decoration, but is also liquid confidence and fun too!
You may be able to purchase ginger beer at the store, the homemade version is so much better! This spicy ginger beer is made the old-fashioned way, using freshly grated ginger, sugar, lemon juice, and yeast to produce natural carbonation. It is a heck of a lot cheaper to make yourself and easy too!
To make the ginger beer, you simmer the sugar, water, and freshly grated ginger in a small pan until the sugar has completely dissolved. Once done, remove it from the heat and allow the syrup to steep for an hour.
Using a funnel, pour syrup into a 2-litre plastic bottle. It is very important to use a plastic bottle because once you add the yeast, the liquid will begin to brew and release natural gases, which could result in the bottle exploding (however, if you follow my directions, that won’t happen). Add yeast, lemon juice, and water to the ginger syrup, screw on the cap, and shake until the yeast has dissolved.
Store the bottle in a dark corner of your kitchen for 2 days to ferment. It is VERY important to unscrew the bottle every day to allow some of the gases to escape. After 2 days, refrigerate the bottle to stop the fermentation. When you are ready to serve, strain the ginger beer and enjoy!
Now, to show you how to make the really good stuff. Add your lime juice and raspberries into a cocktail shaker and muddle gently until well combined.
For more great summer entertaining and cocktail recipes, be sure to check out the SVEDKA Celebrate the Summer website.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 tsp active dry yeast
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 7 cups water
- 4 oz SVEDKA Vodka
- 2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 20 raspberries
- Ginger Beer
- Raspberries , lime wedges, and mint for garnish
- To make the ginger beer, simmer the sugar, water, and grated fresh ginger in a small pan until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Once done, remove it from the heat and allow the syrup to steep for an hour.
- Using a funnel, pour syrup into a 2-litre plastic bottle.
- Add yeast, lemon juice, and water to the ginger syrup; screw on the cap, and shake until the yeast has dissolved.
- Store the bottle in a dark corner of your kitchen for 2 days to ferment. It is VERY important to unscrew the bottle every day to allow some of the gases to escape.
- After 2 days, refrigerate the bottle to stop the fermentation, use within 1 week.
- In a cocktail shaker muddle the raspberries and lime juice.
- Add SVEDKA Vodka and shake.
- Fill glasses or copper mugs with ice.
- Pour mixture over ice and top with ginger beer.
- Stir and garnish with raspberries, lime wedge, and fresh mint.