Back to school time is extremely chaotic in my home, especially this year with 3 kids going to different schools in different counties. Needless to say, I need to be prepared for the morning the night before. Because we have to leave so early in order to get everyone to school on time, it is essential that breakfast be quick, simple, and nutritious.
The kids love to have oatmeal in the morning, and I love giving it to them! Oats are an incredibly versatile whole grain. They are rich in dietary fiber and can help reduce cholesterol. Since we try to limit our gluten intake to the absolute minimum because of my daughter’s tummy issues, we always use Bob’s Red Mill oats. Their Gluten Free Oats are sourced gluten free, packaged in Bob’s Red Mill’s 100% gluten free facility and tested every step of the way to ensure their gluten free status.
This baked oatmeal is the perfect breakfast on a busy day. It can easily be made the night before and sliced the next morning for a great on-the-go breakfast. Or, make it fresh in the morning when you have a bit of extra time and serve it with a dollop of greek yogurt, fresh fruit, and a drizzle of honey.
Despite it being August, back to school means one thing to me-the beginning of fall and fall means pumpkin spice! Now you may not be ready for it, but consider this- adding pumpkin puree to your oatmeal is a great way to add an extra healthy component to breakfast and not have your kids complain about it!
The next time you are at the store, skip the sugary cereal and pick up a bag of Bob’s Red Mill Oats to make this recipe. You won’t regret it! Print out this coupon before your go. Enjoy!
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin purée
- 1 ripe banana , mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2½ cups Bob's Red Mill rolled oats
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9x13 in baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mix until combined.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- Optional- Serve with a dollop of greek yogurt, fresh fruit, and a drizzle of honey.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.