Do you remember these Tagalong Bars that I made because I never did see a Girl Scout to pick up a package of cookies? Well, Girl Scout cookie season came and went and I still didn’t get my package of peanut butter sandwich cookies. So naturally, I made my own.
Only these were better! Soft, chewy and extremely peanut buttery. What’s more, they only have 4 ingredients and take about 5 minutes to prepare! All of you gluten free people will LOVE this recipe because it is flourless!
I came across this recipe via pinterest and it originates from PBS.org. I knew it would be perfect to sandwich some silky peanut butter frosting.
I even saved a few cookies to make ice cream sandwiches with this delicious ice cream. Have you heard of Straus Creamery Organic Ice Cream. I picked it up at Whole Foods Market last week and it was ah-mazing! Brown Sugar Banana…need I say more?
Sorry about the horrible picture. My camera card decided that it was full while photographing these sandwiches, which resulted in melted sandwiches. I knew if I put them back in the freezer, the next time I would go to get them they would be gone (the beast, my husband was hovering over me while taking the pictures).
- 2 cups Peanut Butter , any kind just not too much oil
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 1/2 cup of butter , softened
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsps milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix sugar and peanut butter.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Scoop out 1 tbsp rounds and place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Using a fork, make criss cross patterns on the cookie.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Cool completely.
- Combine all of your ingredients and beat on medium to high speed for 4 minutes.
- If frosting is too dry, add more milk in increments of 1 tbsp until the desired consistency.
- Spread frosting on cookies and sandwich together.
- If using ice cream, defrost the ice cream for about 7-10 minutes.
- Scoop out ice cream and place on cookies, sandwich together.
- Refreeze for 1 hour before serving.