This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GoldfishMix #CollectiveBias
Have you ever found yourself in the middle of a recipe, only to realize you did not have one of the key ingredients. It happens to me all the time, especially at dinner time! The last thing I want to do is drop everything and return to the store yet again. This is where you have to get creative with substitutes. Sometimes though, these substitutes actually are fantastic and you have to make note to make this change every time. I don’t know how many times I have started a meatloaf or meatballs and realized that I was out of breadcrumbs. Goldfish crackers, however, are always in abundance in our home due to school lunches and a toddler!
The pulverized Goldfish crackers make a wonderful breadcrumb replacement, and brings an extra cheesy addition to your recipe. These Goldfish cracker Chicken Nuggets are a equally enjoyed by kids and adults! Serve them for a weekly dinner or as an appetizer at your next game day shindig.
I generally serve them with a mixture of ketchup and mayonnaise (seriously don’t dock it until you try it) but have also served it with a sweet chili cilantro sauce when serving to adults.
With the large 30 oz boxes of Goldfish crackers currently on Rollback at Walmart, it is time to stock up! Follow Goldfish crackers on Facebook and Twitter for more fun recipes!
So tell me, what is your favorite recipe substitution?
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast or chicken tenders
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup milk mixed with 1 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Goldfish crackers , crushed
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk with spices and herb.
- Cut chicken into 2 inch pieces and place in buttermilk.
- Allow chicken to marinate in buttermilk for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Finely crush Goldfish crackers and place in shallow bowl.
- Doing one piece at a time, dip buttermilk coated chicken into crushed crackers until fully coated.
- Place on cookie sheet and continue until all chicken pieces are coated.
- Bake chicken nuggets for 20 minutes.