These Gingerbread Man Sugar Cookies will certainly land you on the nice list this year with Santa! Make an extra batch for yourself because they are good!
I come from a very large Italian family. I have a total of 28 first cousins and a gazillion 2nd cousins. Everyone seems to have gotten a bit of the food gene. Whether it be baking, cooking, or fishing for dinner, we have always been quite the food centric family.
Recently, my cousin discovered that she enjoyed decorating cookies and let me tell you she is amazing at it! Cookie decorating takes quite a bit of patience and creativity. She has started quite the business on Instagram making and selling cookies for parties, weddings, etc. Check her account out, Sugar Hour Bakeshop, if you are looking for the perfect gift!
Last month we got together to make and film these Gingerbread Man Sugar Cookies. They were so much fun to make. The decoration is simple enough for anyone to do and is too cute! Watch the video below for visual instructions.
So if you are looking at getting on the Nice List this year, I highly suggest you make a batch of these Gingerbread Man Sugar Cookies. They are sure to impress and perfect with a glass of cold milk!
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp . baking powder
- 1/2 tsp . salt
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cups butter 2 sticks
- 1 eggs
- 1 tsp . almond extract
- Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Put a handful of the freshly made dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll to desired thickness.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Put the rolled dough, including the parchment paper, on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for 10 minutes or longer.
- Cut dough with cookie cutters and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° F for 8 -10 minutes. Let cool before decorating.
- For Royal Icing Recipe, go to Bake at 350 for recipe and detailed instructions.